How to separate a physical port for network segmenting?

Richie79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:35    Post subject: How to separate a physical port for network segmenting? Reply with quote
Hi gurus! I have Linksys WRT1900ACSV2 with DD-WRT version r39144.

I have plenty of networks and one of them I have dedicated to IoT devices only. For this IoT network I have created a virtual Wifi interface, addressed it a separate SSID (called 'IoT Network'), created a bridge and assigned virtual Wifi interface into this bridge. I have also separated this network with Iptables from rest of the networks. All my wireless IoT devices are now successfully joined into this virtual interface via Wifi.

However, I have also one IoT device which doesn't have a Wifi interface. Connecting via Ethernet cable is the only choice.

How can I join this particular device also into my separated IoT network? In theory I believe I need to choose one physical Ethernet port and assign it (bridge) into my IoT network? But how do I do that in practice? Are there any instructions for this?
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Create a new VLAN using swconfig. Post in the Marvel forum on how to do that on a Marvel based router.
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
See the VLAN link in my signature below.
2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Richie79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, VLAN, of course... Why didn't it cross my mind in the first place... Embarassed

Thank you guys! I sure appreciate it. I'll browse through those VLAN guides.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: