WRT1900ACS V2 switched partitions (i think)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
rogr18
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 14:29    Post subject: WRT1900ACS V2 switched partitions (i think) Reply with quote
Can someone throw some light on this please...

My WRT1900ACS V2 had been working great for a year then recently the DD-wrt network disappeared form my network list and the 1900ACS network appeared in its place.

I couldn't log in to either network using the ip addresses in a browser so I reset and after that I could log into the 1900ACS network.

I also tried to telnet in to see which partition it was running on but it wouldn't connect. So from the Admin section of the web browser I did a "restore firmware to previous version". After this DD-wrt was back.

I dont understand this. on this dd-wrt network I can telnet in and it tells me its running on Part 2.

So is it possible somehow it switched to partition 1?

Im a bit reluctant to manually switch to partition 1 to see if that works still incase i cant get it back to Part 2 again (esp as I couldnt seem to telnet in to it)

Thanks

Roger

Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a WRT1900ACSv2 a few months ago that had worked perfectly for six months or so on dd-wrt January 2019 build 38159 that one day suddenly decided to boot into the original Linksys firmware on the other partition. The triple-power-cycle maneuver from the Cliff Notes (top of the Marvell forum) got it back into dd-wrt. Something made me suspect the CPU temp was the issue, so I set it on a USB fan blowing upward through the case. The problem has not recurred.

I don't really recall what made me suspect temperature. The router was operating in a southern California summer setting in a house with nonaggressive A/C, so the room was warm for sure, and perhaps the CPU temp on the GUI's Status page was actually 75C or higher? I just don't remember. I may have just assumed that was the issue because I had seen other routers of that model get squirrely when a bit hot.

I used the AC Infinity 120mm fan. It was US$12 or so and had rubber feet to keep things from rattling or scratching. I think I bought it from Amazon or NewEgg. At this point I have six identical routers on that same model fan. Only one other router from that set had obvious temperature problems, obvious but different ones in that case that clearly went away and stayed away once the router was on a fan, but at some point it seemed wise to just head off trouble with the others rather than risk user wrath and/or inconvenience.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
rogr18
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your info. My router isnt in the best ventilated place so I'll move it somewhere cooler and see how that goes and if it does switch over again Ill try a PC fan on it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: