WRT32X flashing questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Mastahh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 22:22    Post subject: WRT32X flashing questions Reply with quote
Hi All, I have WRT32X.
fw_printenv boot_part gives me 2
If i do fw_setenv boot_part 1 and do restart 3 times. After that this "fw_printenv boot_part" shoudl give me 1?

Is it right?
And after that I can flash DD-WRT and in dd-wrt using "ubootenv get boot_part" also should give me 1?
Or i'm not understand right all this partiion things?
Sponsor
awpfab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mastahh,

Assuming you are in partition 2 (by typing: fw_printenv boot_part),

Issuing these two commands:
fw_setenv boot_part 1
reboot

Is equivalent to:
restart 3 times

As far as I can tell, which partition you install dd-wrt onto is a personal preference. If you want to keep one partition as stock (venom), just make sure you remember which partition that is. Then remember to always invoke changes from the venom partition onto the other partition.

I'm still learning (and making mistakes along the way), so if someone sees that I'm confusing the subject, please chime in.

-Adam
Mastahh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just read a manual from LinkSys about OpenWrt flash and now it makes more questions for me.
https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt_ac_series#tab__wrt3200acm1

I understand that there is no point in switching partition, if you flash from Venom OEM it will automatically flash to opposite partition, the, and if you want switch back to OEM you just switch to opposite partition from DD-WRT, and reboot.

And if you want upgrade dd-wrt then it is better to do from Venom Oem then it will rewrite DD-WRT on opposite partition.

Smile

Could you please somebody from dd-wrt team clarify this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: