New Beta Release 41102: 09-22-2019-r41102

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:39    Post subject: New Beta Release 41102: 09-22-2019-r41102 Reply with quote
Downloads: (if a link does not work, try another)
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/09-22-2019-r41102/
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/09-22-2019-r41102/
Alternate link: DD-WRT website
Note: for wget (or curl) with CLI flash (`write {f/w} linux`), change the https to http, use `curl -k {link} -o {file}`, or use ftp

Changelogs:
SVN* changelog since last build: 41075
Summary: (deprecated after 29739)
*Github mirror: https://github.com/mirror/dd-wrt/

Important: if reporting any issues, provide applicable info (GUI syslog, `dmesg`, `cat /var/log/messages`, etc.)
Or put into SVN ticket. For firewall issues, also provide "iptables" info (`iptables -L`, `iptables -t nat -L`, & the /tmp/.ipt file).

Template to copy (after "Code:") for posting issues, be sure to include the mode in use (gateway, AP, CB, etc.):
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File: [/b]
[b]Kernel: [/b]
[b]Mode: [/b]
[b]Status: [/b]

WARNING: This thread is to report on flashing this experimental test build, providing important info for both developers and users. Always state your hardware model, version, mode (e.g. Repeater) and SPECIFIC build (e.g. 33555_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-nv64k.bin). Please avoid discussions and create a new thread to discuss specific problems or questions, as this thread is for reporting, not support. Posts may be deleted or moved to keep this thread manageable and useful. If you don't understand the risks or what to flash and how, with a means of recovery if it bricks, do NOT flash this experimental test build.
Sponsor
SoLoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okey... lets says its time to test offical build on my dual dir878 routers after ~3 months... i was using brolys builds up until now with more or less no issues (something like remote logging / custom ntp server didnt work and webui crashed once in a while but at least it was working as an AP and thats all i needed), lets see if ill be disappointed... ill report after couple of hours Smile

EDIT: some progress in last 3 months...

Router/Version: Dlink DIR-878
File:
Kernel:
Mode: AP/Router
Status: 2.4Ghz seems to work, i can set custom wireless channel, WPA2/AES seems to work, clients connect fine, however 5ghz does not work unless i leave channel to auto, as soon as i set custom channel 5Ghz network disapears from the list, tried channel 100 with mode auto / ac only and channel width 80 / 160. Also you cant set extension channel with 2.4ghz and channel width 20/40 (but 2.4ghz still works with custom channel and this is important thing to me). However what is deal breaking is, wireless printer for some reason does not work properly... while ip is accessible and normal printer works, printer doesnt show up in network manager in win10 also for example its not detected by HP scan application, so you cant scan unless you use WEB scan. Also samba share is not accessible on my raspberry connected to wireless... like udp forwarding would be broken, i had same issue with brolys build ~2 months ago but got fixed (and yes SPI firewall is disabled)...
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
SoLoR,
Thanks for the feedback.

I have not used/tested dd-wrt in months either.
and
Will continue using the stock D-Link firmware instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: