wrt32x "gold" build?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
nikiangel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 20:42    Post subject: wrt32x "gold" build? Reply with quote
Hello, as this router becomes more popular (because of the capable hardware and crazy promotions on amazon), can we have a statement of a stable build where everything works as expected (even if it's outdated "a bit", like not the newest kernel etc.).
Sponsor
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:38    Post subject: Re: wrt32x "gold" build? Reply with quote
nikiangel wrote:
Hello, as this router becomes more popular (because of the capable hardware and crazy promotions on amazon), can we have a statement of a stable build where everything works as expected (even if it's outdated "a bit", like not the newest kernel etc.).

People just need to check the latest betas here and read the comments.
That should be more clearly signposted on the downloads page. It would be easy for someone to flash a bad build from stock.
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 14:56    Post subject: Re: wrt32x "gold" build? Reply with quote
nikiangel wrote:

At the current time (14th July), I'd recommend r40134 for the WRT32X.

Firmware: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2021/
nikiangel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:57    Post subject: Re: wrt32x "gold" build? Reply with quote
Yemble wrote:
nikiangel wrote:

Thank You,
would you share some thoughts why do you recommend this build, as it's very close to the latest one.
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 15:59    Post subject: Re: wrt32x "gold" build? Reply with quote
nikiangel wrote:
Yemble wrote:
nikiangel wrote:

Thank You,
would you share some thoughts why do you recommend this build, as it's very close to the latest one.

TBH, most of the 2019 builds for the WRT32X have been solid. There have been a few lemons, particularly in February, but mostly they are super stable. I always read the forums before choosing a build, which is why I am not on the very latest, due to reported issues.

r40134 has been rock solid for my use, across all three of my routers (see below).

Note that I can only speak from personal experience, your experience could be completely different. I do not have any additional packages installed and I do not use a router based VPN.

Firmware: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2021/
ed2019
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree, 40134 is good.

I also like and currently using 40559 for my purposes. I do a lot watching movies via nas and streaming using hdhomerun. I noticed 40559 works well for streaming videos. Some of the newer releases I would notice stuttering while using HDhomerun and sometimes while watching movies via the nas. I also noticed my smartplug would connect a lot faster using build 40559 compared to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: