WRT3200ACM no internet after flashing DD WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:04    Post subject: WRT3200ACM no internet after flashing DD WRT Reply with quote
Hi, sorry in advance if I’m not very clear with my technical knowledge. Before I posted here I’ve been trying for two weeks many things posted on these forums but non of them worked.
I bought a new Linksys WRT3200ACM connected to a fiber optic modem. I live in a place where I need VPN, that’s the reason I bought the Router, to install DD WRT. My ISP provides IPTV. I flashed with build 40559. Before I flashed internet was working perfectly, My modem IP 192.168.2.1 and the router 192.168.1.1 to make sure there is no IP conflict. after flashing I get on the router WAN IP 0.0.0.0 and of course no internet.I’ve tried several things, to reset both, modem and router, clone the MAC address of the router with the PC that was working before, leave the modem unplugged half day to see if it recognizes the MAC address, but at the end the modem it’s not recognizing the DD WRT firmware, when installed, the modem and router can’t see each other. If I return to the Linksys factory firmware everything goes back to normal. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!!
Sponsor
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stab in the dark.. is your internet provider username and password and other settings stored in your modem? (sorry not familiar with fiber optic modem) If not this will need to be entered into WAN section of the DD-WRT interface.
when you say the stock firmware works but are you going through the setup wizard or manually configuring it?
Feel free to screen shot any settings page but remember to remove mac address
pa3fat
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
could you try 10.10.10.1 as the internal router range.
Yours isp and the router are almost in identical range. Not sure if that is advisable.

Can you see if your ISP modem is giving ip to the router?

Would not start with cloning mac addresses.
Router set to dhcp or any other setting that would need additional information to be defined?
pa3fat
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
a screenshot of the setup page (WAN setup and other dhcp parts) available?

You did specify the gateway as 192.168.1.1?
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 22:05    Post subject: Re: WRT3200ACM no internet after flashing DD WRT Reply with quote
oscarmedina73 wrote:
Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!!

Go to setup/advanced routing and change the operating mode to "gateway"

oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
pa3fat wrote:
could you try 10.10.10.1 as the internal router range.
Yours isp and the router are almost in identical range. Not sure if that is advisable.

Can you see if your ISP modem is giving ip to the router?

Would not start with cloning mac addresses.
Router set to dhcp or any other setting that would need additional information to be defined?

Hi thanks for your reply. I tried and as you can see no difference.
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
foz111 wrote:
Stab in the dark.. is your internet provider username and password and other settings stored in your modem? (sorry not familiar with fiber optic modem) If not this will need to be entered into WAN section of the DD-WRT interface.
when you say the stock firmware works but are you going through the setup wizard or manually configuring it?
Feel free to screen shot any settings page but remember to remove mac address

Hi thanks all for your reply and effort. I will copy here the screenshots before and after flash, removing MAC addresses following your advise. After flashing the MAC address of the router changed, and in all pages the MAC addresses don´t match, but I don't know how important is the MAC address to get a valid IP. Apart from that the modem is not able to see the router after flashing. I read on some of the forums that with ISP providing IPTV sometimes the ISP block previous MAC addresses and that I would need to clone the MAC adddress of the PC that was working before flashing. If I do this two things happen, the computer is not able to connect anymore to the router and still I'm not getting a valid IP. Any ideas? thanks for your help!!
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:34    Post subject: More pictures Reply with quote
More pictures about configuration after flashing
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:37    Post subject: More pictures Reply with quote
Sorry I can only attach maximum 3 pictures at a time
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:43    Post subject: Re: WRT3200ACM no internet after flashing DD WRT Reply with quote
gufus wrote:
oscarmedina73 wrote:
Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!!

Go to setup/advanced routing and change the operating mode to "gateway"

Hi , thanks for your reply. As you can see in the picture is in gateway mode. Thanks
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:54    Post subject: About IP Reply with quote
Just one last thing. I reverted now to the linksys firmware. Again everything working
The linksys router IP is 192.168.1.1 but if I access the modem I can see the linksys router but with IP 192.168.2.2.

This is out of my knowledge but maybe important. I see after flashing to DD WRT the MAC address change at the end of the numbers and letters, instead of A0 it changes to A1. The rest, cable configurations is the same, set to GATEWAY mode, DHCP enable...
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
You may need to clone the mac address shown in your modem for your router on the stock firmware. Some folks say that powering down the modem will fix it, but I kinda doubt it. You are correct in using two different subnets, so that shouldn't be your problem. It sounds like the mac address change is what is breaking it. Just my thoughts.

EDIT: You may have to do this via command line in telnet or ssh for it to work: https://serverfault.com/questions/266482/dd-wrt-mac-clone-terminal-command
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
your not getting an IP address from your modem to the router so it will never work, look in the top right, i suspect you just need to configure the WAN section or at least post pictures of what settings you are using, its difficult because you did not answer my question, when you flash back to stock are you setting it up manually or going through the Linksys wizard? On stock do you have to enter your username and password supplied by your ISP? (not router username/password or WiFi but the user/pass to access the internet)
Cloning the nac address may be required for the IPTV but i would have thought that you would still get internet access but your IPTV may not work until you clone it but your saying the linksys stock works and i assume your isp had not supplied the linksys router or did they?
please post picture of setup tab WAN and LAN configuration and if when setting up stock if your required to enter isp user and pass.
just need to first figure out if your modem hold your isp user/pass or if its required within the router
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
foz111 wrote:
your not getting an IP address from your modem to the router so it will never work, look in the top right, i suspect you just need to configure the WAN section or at least post pictures of what settings you are using, its difficult because you did not answer my question, when you flash back to stock are you setting it up manually or going through the Linksys wizard? On stock do you have to enter your username and password supplied by your ISP? (not router username/password or WiFi but the user/pass to access the internet)
Cloning the nac address may be required for the IPTV but i would have thought that you would still get internet access but your IPTV may not work until you clone it but your saying the linksys stock works and i assume your isp had not supplied the linksys router or did they?
please post picture of setup tab WAN and LAN configuration and if when setting up stock if your required to enter isp user and pass.
just need to first figure out if your modem hold your isp user/pass or if its required within the router

Hi again, thanks for your support. Ok step by step. I bought the linksys router, not supplied by my ISP. I connected to the modem through ethernet cable directly, LAN to WAN without further installation (the only thing I can do with the linksys wizard is setting up the password of the WIFI network and putting a different name to the router) and with the stock firmware it works perfectly, it gets a valid IP and if I log into the modem I can see the Linksys router. Inside the modem, yes I need to put username and password (not the one from the modem itself) otherwise I can't get internet at all but not in the router. I will post here now the pictures of the configuration on the modem and router before flasing, you can check the names of the immages.

After flashing without touching anything on the router the modem stop seeing the router and of course I get WAN IP 0.0.0.0. I tried so far clonning the original MAC address of the router and what others suggested me, to clone the MAC address of the computer that works before flashing but still no valid IP on both cases and about the username and password of my ISP into the router I didn't try, but as the modem can't see the router anyway, I don't think it will work and with the linksys firmware I don't have to do it, it gets internet directly through the ethernet cable.
oscarmedina73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:19    Post subject: LAN WAN configuration after flashing Reply with quote
foz111 wrote:

Please find attached the pictures of WAN LAN setting after flashing. Thanks!!

From the pictures you can see the router is viewing the computer connected to it and gives an IP 192.168.1.117, which means the router is working it didn't crash, but the ISP modem is not accepting the router after flashing. It has to be something on the configuration. Thanks for your advice!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: