Switch on TP-Link TL-WR940Nv6 not forwarding packets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Brett Glass
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 21:21    Post subject: Switch on TP-Link TL-WR940Nv6 not forwarding packets Reply with quote
We just tried to configure a TP-Link TL-WR940Nv6 router for a customer. In the process, we discovered that the router did not forward packets between its switch ports! Devices attached to the switch ports could all speak to the router, but they could not communicate with one another. When I loaded a Linksys E1200 with the same DD-WRT build (39267), its internal switch DID forward packets between ports.

I then loaded the TP-Link with the very latest build (40900) and the problem persisted.

Apparently, the firmware is not setting the switch up properly.

Developers, could you look at this problem?
Sponsor
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 15:22    Post subject: Re: Switch on TP-Link TL-WR940Nv6 not forwarding packets Reply with quote
The Lan ports are isolated by default VLAN setting on the WR941NDv6 and similar devices.
The VLAN for the LAN ports need to be set up. Go to Administration - Commands and type this into the commands field:

swconfig dev switch0 set reset 1
swconfig dev switch0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev switch0 set apply

Save it as startup, then reboot the device.

I'm running the build 39944 as later versions had issues on my model.

You should be careful with latest versions as you may run into issues when you need to revert to older versions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: