I STILL can't figure out how to get a properly working VLAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
zacchi4k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 13:09    Post subject: I STILL can't figure out how to get a properly working VLAN Reply with quote
This issue has been going on on new builds since about August 2018, and I'm very annoyed that I can't still figure out how to fix it.
On the TL-WR841N v11, the LAN ports aren't bridged in hardware, that means it has to be done in software. Now, on older builds, all I had to do was add a command to the startup script; however, in some build, the command broke and having it in the startup caused all the ethernet ports to be cut completely off the LAN, preventing even the access to the router.
One year later, I download the latest build to found out there's a dedicated VLAN tab. Great! So I go in here, and enable the VLAN for all the ethernet ports. Then I reboot, and surprise, the same issue as before!

Important: the lines above were yellow when I enabled the vlan, I just took the screenshot with the cables physically disconnected

Here's in detail what's happening: without enabling the VLAN, everything works fine, expect that devices connected via ethernet can't communicate with each other, which is really annoying in an environment where I make heavy use of shared folders and local FTP servers.
If I go and enable the VLAN for all the ethernet ports, they get completely cut off from the network. Cabled devices can't communicate with each other, and neither with the router itself, let alone with the WAN. At first I thought the issue was DHCP enabled, so I tried messing with the settings that looked like they could be useful, but it didn't solve anything.

So here I am, after one year of issues with newer builds, hoping I manage to solve this issue once and for all. Does anyone know what causes this issue, and how it could be solved?[img][/img]
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: