New BS Build: r40932 09-07-2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
marcelo3d wrote:
Router Model D-Link 615-C1
r40932 (09/07/19)

BRICKED.
The UI firmware update stopped early (like the previous versions), the router rebooted and now (unlike the previous versions) it is stuck in the web recovery page.

I tried all firmware types (webupdate, factory, and original DLINK image), it is still stuck in the recovery. Sometimes it says that the hardware ID does not match the image (although it should). Most times it just doesn't do anything, the web page keeps spinning.
I tried Chrome and IE.

Your reading quest begins here with the two links to the dd-wrt wiki and openwrt wiki.....
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DIR-615_rev_C1

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
Sponsor
eginnc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: TP-Link Archer-C7 v2 (QCA 9558v1 r1.0 720MHz & 9880-BR4A; 16MB/128MB)
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r40932 std (09/07/19)
Kernel: Linux 3.18.140 #53173 Sat Sep 7 03:33:51 +04 2019 mips
Status: 2.4 and 5 GHz WAPs for EdgeRouter X (OpenWrt), 2.4 and 5 GHz guest VAPs on br1, switch for wired streaming and VOIP boxes.
Reset: No
Issues: None

Memory is 71% free after 8 hours up. So far so good, but not used as a gateway or for QoS.

Hackintosh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hackintosh wrote:
Router Model
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 (actually it is 1.5)

WAS

Firmware Version
DD-WRT v3.0-r40784 std (08/25/19)

Kernel Version
Linux 3.10.108-d8 #19772 Sun Aug 25 01:52:46 +04 2019 mips

NOW

DD-WRT v3.0-r40932 std (09/07/19)

Kernel Version
Linux 3.10.108-d8 #21358 Sat Sep 7 02:20:51 +04 2019 mips

Reset? No. Just upgraded and kept settings 'as is'

Errors? Beyond the usual visual bug where the 5 GHz light is not working (same as always). Beyond that as far as I can tell everything is fine.

Side note:

DO reset your settings when you upgrade. I was reading a few posts and noticed a few settings I could not find. Decided to re-apply this update and reset the settings when doing so. I now see a few small interface changes and settings previously not shown.

It seems to get the full experience for the interface when updating you should reset your settings.
kes123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 19:37    Post subject: Re: New BS Build: r40932 09-07-2019 Reply with quote
Router Model: Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H
Reset: None
Errors: None so far

Upgraded from r40900 minidlna and transmisson working.
When upgraded to r40900 was forced to enter all settings manually.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hackintosh wrote:
It seems to get the full experience for the interface when updating you should reset your settings.

And yet dd-wrt is still has ZERO features to help you do this. Evil or Very Mad
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
bdg2 wrote:
Hackintosh wrote:

constant resetting isnt even needed.. but those who want to..

u have a clear option in administration --> factory defaults, or on the upgrade tab, select "after flashing, reset to"... Rolling Eyes

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

bdg2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
bdg2 wrote:
Hackintosh wrote:

u have a clear option in administration --> factory defaults, or on the upgrade tab, select "after flashing, reset to"... Rolling Eyes

I mean there is nothing to help me correctly re-enter my 27 static DHCP allocations, DNSMasq commands to stop dd-wrt using my ISP's DNS servers, various settings and ceritificates for the OpenVPN server etc. etc.

The old saved settings are not even slightly human readable.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
bdg2 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
bdg2 wrote:
Hackintosh wrote:

what does that mean?

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

bdg2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
bdg2 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
bdg2 wrote:
Hackintosh wrote:

what does that mean?

The file (e.g. nvrambak_r40009_DD-WRT_Netgear WNDR3700 V4.bin) is just a non human readable binary blob.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
And editing the filename to the build number at hand to restore settings probably doesn't work. It is probably (just as) helpful to clear your browser cache or use the right browser to flash updates, it seems. All of the webUI updates have transcribed for me without having to reset since my last brick. I don't know what I'm doing wrong Evil or Very Mad Shocked
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
bdg2 wrote:

I reset my EA8500 (main router) 2 days ago just for the heck of it since I was playing with one of BS test builds.
AND
I really wanted to make sure r40932 was good to input all settings thru the webif without any issues

WAN is auto DHCP using WAN MAC clone
DHCP-Authoritative
Recursive DNS Resolving (Unbound)
Forced DNS Redirection
Wireless ath0, ath0.1 & ath1
Wireless Security = WPA2 Personal / CCMP-128 (AES)
DNSMasq
34 static DHCP leases
Local DNS
No DNS Rebind
Query DNS in Strict Order
ssh key
OpenVPN Server
Samba share USB Ext4
Port Range Forwarding
QOS HFSC FQ_CODEL
TCP Congestion Control = bbr
VLAN on its physical port4 together with ath0.1 via br1
JFFS2 ....just used for slightly altered unbound.conf --- so Local DNS works when connected to its ovpn server while running unbound

Everything worked out perfectly and yea I still put static leases in the old way .....but I always click the add button atleast 10 times so I fill all them then 'Save' & 'Apply Settings' then click to add 10 more fill in and so on.

Can't tell ya how long that all took. Wasn't very long but then again I was also watching Netflix at the same time so prolly took longer than usual. And yea, I have a backup main router I throw in so nobody ever knows whats going on.

Copy/Paste works very well for such as static leases & openVPN certs.
A plaintext file with ovpn certs and any bigass ssh key or wifi passwords with that info is really handy to keep.

For Static leases I usually use copy/paste from a PDF file I got from last good config from the 'Services' webif page --- just print to PDF ...I'm not a big winders fan but I assume that works using WIN10. I know print to PDF has always worked just fine on my Linux and old MAC machines I used --- leaves the PDF as being able to copy whatever (text) was printed to the file.

Rolling Eyes
bdg2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
bdg2 wrote:

I reset my EA8500 (main router) 2 days ago just for the heck of it since I was playing with one of BS test builds.
AND
I really wanted to make sure r40932 was good to input all settings thru the webif without any issues

WAN is auto DHCP using WAN MAC clone
DHCP-Authoritative
Recursive DNS Resolving (Unbound)
Forced DNS Redirection
Wireless ath0, ath0.1 & ath1
Wireless Security = WPA2 Personal / CCMP-128 (AES)
DNSMasq
34 static DHCP leases
Local DNS
No DNS Rebind
Query DNS in Strict Order
ssh key
OpenVPN Server
Samba share USB Ext4
Port Range Forwarding
QOS HFSC FQ_CODEL
TCP Congestion Control = bbr
VLAN on its physical port4 together with ath0.1 via br1
JFFS2 ....just used for slightly altered unbound.conf --- so Local DNS works when connected to its ovpn server while running unbound

Everything worked out perfectly and yea I still put static leases in the old way .....but I always click the add button atleast 10 times so I fill all them then 'Save' & 'Apply Settings' then click to add 10 more fill in and so on.

Can't tell ya how long that all took. Wasn't very long but then again I was also watching Netflix at the same time so prolly took longer than usual. And yea, I have a backup main router I throw in so nobody ever knows whats going on.

Copy/Paste works very well for such as static leases & openVPN certs.
A plaintext file with ovpn certs and any bigass ssh key or wifi passwords with that info is really handy to keep.

For Static leases I usually use copy/paste from a PDF file I got from last good config from the 'Services' webif page --- just print to PDF ...I'm not a big winders fan but I assume that works using WIN10. I know print to PDF has always worked just fine on my Linux and old MAC machines I used --- leaves the PDF as being able to copy whatever (text) was printed to the file.

Rolling Eyes

Yes. But I'm getting sick of doing this.
There aren't even any proper announcements saying when a new version has changed in a way that'll require you to do it.
I get told to do it and before reporting bugs and often it does not help.

Internally the nvram data is in an ideal form to save in a partially human readable form yet to save about page of code it isn't done.
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
bdg2, what i do...i just care on and on with no reset unless i need it, but i do inspect nvram for gremlins sometimes i can see them here and there...wird data...
and on reset they are not there any more...so i follow the svn and if, there are some gen changes like moved
memory locations and ect...or router is too stiff..than i do reset...manual build...Smile
and yep, although i find it cool...too, it sucks on constant update.....so i wait and see, if there is a need, at all...
once its working..its ok...!!

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
bdg2 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
bdg2 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
bdg2 wrote:
Hackintosh wrote:

what does that mean?

The file (e.g. nvrambak_r40009_DD-WRT_Netgear WNDR3700 V4.bin) is just a non human readable binary blob.

do u not know how to use nvram backups..? its not supposed to be a plain english .txt file.. administration tab --> backup --> select the nvram save file --> click restore. or simply dont erase during/after every update is the same thing as (100% POINTLESS) resetting after updating, then restoring settings after that

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
do u not know how to use nvram backups..? its not supposed to be a plain english .txt file.. administration tab --> backup --> select the nvram save file --> click restore. or simply dont erase during/after every update is the same thing as (100% POINTLESS) resetting after updating, then restoring settings after that

I don't think you can use a previous builds' nvram backup anymore. There was a commit that changed the backup to be device and build number specific. I have not tried using a previous build's backup since then to test, but AFAIK, it's not s'posed to work. That commit was last year, I think?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: