Need help with setting Qos on my ddwrt

xellos2099
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 18:09    Post subject: Need help with setting Qos on my ddwrt Reply with quote
Long story short, I play a mmorpg call final fantasy xiv. Recently the connection is really bad when ever my brother start watching YouTube or w/e he is watching on his chrome book in the next room. I am currently using ATT internet 10 so it is 10m down and around 50kbs up.

This is my QOS current setting. It is helping a bit that I put my mac address as premium and my brother mac address as bulk bit there is still a ton of lag. Let me know if i did thid correctly
https://imgur.com/a/z9QLufO

My game use very little bandwidth but I heard the program release bandwidth when there are another program on the network request for it, thus when another pc turn on, the game lag for a minute or 2 before it kind of normalize but sometime it doesn't What I am trying to do is to reserve some bandwidth specific to my pc so I can avoid the lag issue.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: