Netatalk V3.1.12 (afpd) can't authenticate

hwhh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 18:29    Post subject: Netatalk V3.1.12 (afpd) can't authenticate Reply with quote
I recently set up my Linksys WRT1900 ACS V2 with DD-WRT and was hoping to attach an external HDD to the USB 3 port and use this HDD to as a time machine server. I looked at a few tutorials online and mainly followed this one: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/nas/netatalk_configuration. Although I understand it's for a different OS I hoped the steps would be more or less the same.

Anyway, initially, I created two partitions on my HDD, one for Entware (labeled Optware) and the other a HFS+ volume. I then installed Entware and installed avahi-utils and netatalk packages. I then added the following lines to my startup scrips:

Code:

sleep 15
echo "nogroup:x:114:nobody" >> /etc/group
echo "nobody:*:114:114:avahi:/opt/sbin/avahi-daemon:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd
/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung start

Finally, I created the opt/etc/avahi/services/afp.service according to the aforementioned tutorial and editted the afp.conf file which now looks like this:

Code:

[Global]
; Global server settings

[Backups]
  path = /tmp/mnt/P2
  time machine = yes
  valid users = @nogroup

The drive show's up in the time machine system preferences, however, I can't connect to it as I can't authenticate. I have tried logging in as root, nobody, avahi, and the username I set in on the web UI, but to no avail. I'm not sure if I need to manually edit the /etc/passwd file and add a password, but if I do I'm not totally sure how to do this, or if it's something else completely.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: