R7800 Discussion - 2019

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
lobyte wrote:
Repository desipro.de/ddwrt with assemblies of Kong is not available now even through proxy, reload to another repository.

<Kong> has left the building.
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321043

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad + Blocklist Collection
Sponsor
el-guapin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
lobyte wrote:
Repository desipro.de/ddwrt with assemblies of Kong is not available now even through proxy, reload to another repository.

<Kong> has left the building.
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321043

And this time for good! Sad
lobyte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
On all standard assemblies miniDLNA does not work - it crash and stop on caching some video files, there is no such error on assemblies of Kong. What could be the reason?
WolfPlayer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Long Time user of the R7800 Kong build and long time lurker ... my first actual post. So today I went to finally upgrade my R7800 firmware. I'm currently using the r34900M kong build from 02/14/18. Kong left for good - Check and understood. The original website of http://www.desipro.de/dd-wrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/ doesn't have the builds anymore. Check and understood.

I have 2 questions that I couldn't answer after poking around and reading what I could.

1) Are the latest stable builds available anywhere?
2) What about the files so that I can revert back to a stock image? (in case I wanted to go with a Kong OpenWRT build).

Sad day. Been using his stuff for so long. But now I need to figure out if my router is stuck in its current state forever of if I have options.

Tim
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.desipro.de/openwrt/

See the Readme for how to flash from dd-wrt.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a small cache of more recent builds across the board from his desipro.de side, but that got destroyed. Someone may have the last build (40270?) file handy... I could've almost sworn someone posted it as an attachment in a thread on the forum, but not sure who or where.
lightninjay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 15:54    Post subject: First Post Reply with quote
I've actually recently purchased a r7800 and have been trawling through all of the forums I can for files and posts. Here's the 40270M Kong build, flashable from stock/Voxel firmware.
WolfPlayer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
http://www.desipro.de/openwrt/

See the Readme for how to flash from dd-wrt.

Understood. But, what if I want to go back to the netgear OEM image and start from scratch? The above will just get me to OpenWRT. How can I get back to a stock Netgear image?

Thanks for you help!
Tim
WolfPlayer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 15:57    Post subject: Re: First Post Reply with quote
lightninjay wrote:
I've actually recently purchased a r7800 and have been trawling through all of the forums I can for files and posts. Here's the 40270M Kong build, flashable from stock/Voxel firmware.

But most of us here will already have the Kong build installed. The one you posted - isn't that just for flashing from OEM to kong DD-WRT?

Tim
lightninjay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 16:00    Post subject: Re: First Post Reply with quote
WolfPlayer wrote:
lightninjay wrote:

But most of us here will already have the Kong build installed. The one you posted - isn't that just for flashing from OEM to kong DD-WRT?

Tim

Yes, this is true, and it is also true that Kong had a DD-Stock file that could be flashed in DD-wrt's interface to take you back to stock. It is believed, that file was lost when Kong took down his repository. The solution to get back to stock currently, would be to tftp a stock netgear firmware directly to your router.
WolfPlayer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 16:07    Post subject: Re: First Post Reply with quote
lightninjay wrote:
... The solution to get back to stock currently, would be to tftp a stock netgear firmware directly to your router.

Thank you very much. It looks like I have some research/learning to do. But, just to clarify ... I went to Netgear's website and downloaded the correct firmware. So, I have the latest img file (AC2600-V1.2.0.62_1.0.1.img). You're saying that I can somehow use tftp to get this image to my router? I haven't tftp'd to my router before so I'll have to figure that out. Looks like they have directions on it ...

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

Tim
lightninjay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 16:23    Post subject: Re: First Post Reply with quote
WolfPlayer wrote:

...You're saying that I can somehow use tftp to get this image to my router? I haven't tftp'd to my router before so I'll have to figure that out. Looks like they have directions on it ...

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

Tim

Precisely. The tftp procedure is technically a recovery mode, sort of like a bootloader. You go through the sequence to put your router into tftp receiving mode, and push the file from your computer, using a tftp client, to the router. The router then detects the firmware, and flashes it. Smile

Hope all goes smoothly during your process.
WolfPlayer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 16:51    Post subject: Re: First Post Reply with quote
lightninjay wrote:

Precisely. The tftp procedure is technically a recovery mode, sort of like a bootloader. You go through the sequence to put your router into tftp receiving mode, and push the file from your computer, using a tftp client, to the router. The router then detects the firmware, and flashes it. Smile

Hope all goes smoothly during your process.

Thank you again sir. MUCH appreciated.

Tim
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pretty sure you can just put router in recovery mode and tftp stock firmware.

Here is <Kong> back to stock file if needed.

ddwrt-to-netgear-fw-R7800.bin

revert-to-netgear-kong-FAQ.txt

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad + Blocklist Collection
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
Pretty sure you can just put router in recovery mode and tftp stock firmware.

Here is <Kong> back to stock file if needed.

ddwrt-to-netgear-fw-R7800.bin

revert-to-netgear-kong-FAQ.txt

I was kinda thinking you would've shared this, since I couldn't remember who shared the latest Kong build Razz Cool :

bushant wrote:
There are no builds for QCA at clonevince.
Some are here:
ftp://gakinaction.ddns.net/Kong%20PTB/K3-AC-IPQ806X/

Last <Kong> build for r7800 is here:
40270-7-11-19ddwrt-netgear-R7800.bin

40270 md5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 19
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: