Cheap DD-wrt router suggestion for Gigabit and no wifi?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
number17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:34    Post subject: Cheap DD-wrt router suggestion for Gigabit and no wifi? Reply with quote
I had a trusted EA6500v1 which has been running fine for years. However, the release I was running did not support IPv6. In trying to support IPv6, and also not break the OpenVPN server that I was running on the router, I flashed a few different firmwares and unfortunately, in the process, I bricked the router.

I've spent 2 days trying to revive the EA6500 but to no avail. It does not even ping, and I've concluded it's pretty dead.

Right now I've put my backup router in there but it lacks gigabit and OpenVPN support, so it really is a temporary solution only.

I'm trying to look for a cheap router which meet the following requirements ...

- Support DD-WRT, obviously
- Has Gigabit Ethernet ports, not just 10/100BT
- Has adequate processing power and memory to handle multiple 4k video streaming in home
- Preferably it has robust and has good dd-wrt support, so I won't be left in the dust again like with the EA6500 when trying to look for firmwares that supports OpenVPN server and IPv6
- I have no need for Wifi, as I run eero wifi mesh at home which is connected to my router via wired Ethernet

Most popular choices are over CDN$150 which is a tad too much for me, and I figure bulk of the price is really going to the wifi support, which I really don't care (I turned off the wifi on my EA6500 and just relied on wifi mesh)

WHat do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
kyrios
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, maybe a Linksys EA8500, stable, dual core@1.4ghz, 4x4 streams (wifi, if you need it) and 128m flash/512m RAM....very good price con eBay.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: