TP-Link TL-WR1043 still will not flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Brett Glass
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 20:05    Post subject: TP-Link TL-WR1043 still will not flash Reply with quote
Just checked the latest build (40784) of DD-WRT, and apparently there's still a problem with flashing the TL-WR1043 (all versions; I'm working on a router which is v5, the latest). Attempting to flash from the stock firmware returns a dialogue box with the message

"This operation is not allowed for remote management."

But of course, I am not managing the router remotely; I'm plugged directly into one of its LAN ports!

This problem used to occur with other TP-Link routers when the firmware signature was not set properly, so I suspect that the signature needs to be updated. OpenWRT has solved this problem but DD-WRT is behind on it. Developers: Can you give it a shot? We have several routers here waiting to be flashed with a better operating system than the one TP-Link provides. We'll even send you one of them if it'll help.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: