DIR878 Strange information after DDWRT and NVRAM clearing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Bvalter1964
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:19    Post subject: DIR878 Strange information after DDWRT and NVRAM clearing Reply with quote
After installation of DDWRT firmware (latest versions Brolin), in the information summary the 878 is indicating a 4 cores cpu but as per specification the 878 has a dual core cpu. Somebody noted this?

I cannot use the telnet command to erase NVRAM, after router connection, telnet is asking username and password, I use the ones I am using to enter in the router through Webinterface but router is not accepting them. All the time I receive the message "Wrong username and password". Any suggestion?
Sponsor
markus7010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 19:02    Post subject: Re: DIR878 Strange information after DDWRT and NVRAM clearin Reply with quote
Bvalter1964 wrote:
After installation of DDWRT firmware (latest versions Brolin), in the information summary the 878 is indicating a 4 cores cpu but as per specification the 878 has a dual core cpu. Somebody noted this?

I cannot use the telnet command to erase NVRAM, after router connection, telnet is asking username and password, I use the ones I am using to enter in the router through Webinterface but router is not accepting them. All the time I receive the message "Wrong username and password". Any suggestion?

ALWAYS the username is "root" in telnet and ssh console connections. Only the password is the same you enter in your webinterface! Dual core yes, but I think it has two threads per core. 2x2 threads = 4 CPU cores. Please correct me if I am wrong and mea culpa in advance Very Happy
Bvalter1964
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:42    Post subject: Re: DIR878 Strange information after DDWRT and NVRAM clearin Reply with quote
markus7010 wrote:
Bvalter1964 wrote:

ALWAYS the username is "root" in telnet and ssh console connections. Only the password is the same you enter in your webinterface! Dual core yes, but I think it has two threads per core. 2x2 threads = 4 CPU cores. Please correct me if I am wrong and mea culpa in advance Very Happy

Root as user worked for me. Thanks
Bvalter1964
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
This modem is too much sensitive about installation procedure. I am wondering about the correct procedure.

Last time with the official 1.12 installed, I did an emergency installation to the DDWRT last March 2019 build, every thing worked well including all the led light.
On top I installed without cleaning the last DDWRT, everything was OK including leds.
On top with NVRAM cleaning (Nvram erase and erase Nvram both in telnet) I installed the latest from Brolin (wifi led not working and many web interface problem and less wifi speed). Decided to come back to latest DDWRT
I come back with emergency installation and the led did not work anymore. I tried to clean vram but the problem remain. Factory default didn`t help too.

I probably should install the transition original firmware, than 1.12, than the last March 2019 DDWRT and than the latest DDWRT. Too much work.

Any suggestion?
markus7010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm wondering the latest dd-wrt build worked with the nvram settings from the latest march build. Maybe worth to test, but that can't be the official way and it's a strange way!
The latest march build should have been only upgraded with resetting the nvram because of the different kernel versions!
By the way, only use "erase nvram" in telnet or simply reset in the web interface! The wiki explains "nvram erase" is only for erasing nvram in the BROADCOM CFE (bootloader), which we don't have.
So right now there's only one thing to do. Install the latest official march build with reset and everything is fine. All other is just happy testing Very Happy
Bvalter1964
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok thks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: