WRT3200ACM will not activate any wi-fi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
bobs426
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 18:07    Post subject: WRT3200ACM will not activate any wi-fi Reply with quote
I have a WRT3200ACM purchased new 2 weeks ago. The problem is that when I flashed it with the r40723 release, the wi-fi will not activate. That is no lights on the front and no connections. If I revert it back to the stock Linksys firmware, it all works fine, lights, connections etc. I have tried flashing with all DD-WRT releases back to the r40527 release with no change. I have verified that all of the wi-fi options are activated. Any ideas?
Thanks
Sponsor
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 18:46    Post subject: Re: WRT3200ACM will not activate any wi-fi Reply with quote
bobs426 wrote:
I have a WRT3200ACM purchased new 2 weeks ago. The problem is that when I flashed it with the r40723 release, the wi-fi will not activate. That is no lights on the front and no connections. If I revert it back to the stock Linksys firmware, it all works fine, lights, connections etc. I have tried flashing with all DD-WRT releases back to the r40527 release with no change. I have verified that all of the wi-fi options are activated. Any ideas?
Thanks

Bobs426,

No disrespect intended, but give us a little more information. Can you sign on to the router GUI? If so, maybe attach a few relevant setting screen shots. Maybe a run down of what you have tried, and what you haven't tried. Are you able to configure other settings ok? Etc.
bobs426
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I appologize for the lack of information. Yes I am able to access the gui. I can make changes to any setting , save and apply.
I originally flashed with DD-WRT factory-to-ddwrt.bin release r40672. When I discovered the wi-fi problem, I changed the partition back to the original Linksys FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.6.186168_prod.img. When I rebooted the router, the Linksys firmware came up as normal with complete access to wi-fi. I then did another DD-WRT flash using factory-to-ddwrt.bin release r40723 with the same results. No wi-fi lights or wi-fi access. I repeated this process using factory-to-ddwrt.bin release r40527 with the same results. One thing of note, is that I can see both networks SSID, but when I try to connect using the correct passphrase, it never connects. No error message or anything.
I have attached screen shots of the wi-fi settings, and a pic of the router itself.
As I said before, as long as I use the stock Linksys firmware, everything is fine.
Thanks
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 23:17    Post subject: Anyone Cut In If You Know The Answers! Reply with quote
Ok,

So, you can see the ssid. I can tell you from my experience the AUTO functions, IMHO, are oddly not properly responsive. I force the mode, and channel, on both my bands. For example, insist on G on 2GHz because I have older equipment which disconnects constantly on an auto/mixed mode. I understand there are bugs in the wifi drivers, and I've been able to circumvent some of the connection problems by planning the modes on each band. Don't use radio 3, for I believe it was used for radar frequency detection for DFS modes, however, some have claimed it works ok for them. I, however, find it problematic (I've attached my configuration).

You may also want to look at your encryption options. I use WPA2 Personal CCMP-128 (AES) ONLY. I've had issues with the TKIP option, or mixing/matching them. And others have claimed they have no issues. So... Hope this gets you up so you can at least begin experimentation as to what works best for you.

Try to simplify your setup so you can begin to troubleshoot what works and what doesn't.

If anyone else has any ideas, chime in please.
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes try out scar1943's settings to see if anything can connect.
On a side not that last picture with the internet being amber, is that when you have DD-WRT installed?

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
bobs426
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
scar1943
Yes, the picture is the issue with DD-WRT installed. No wi-fi lights. I presently have the router disconnected from the internet, as I am just trying to troubleshoot the wi-fi issue. I am currently using a backup router for internet access.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: