New build: 08-14-2019-r40634

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've occasionally had that sort of GUI garbling after an Apply — could be any page and not just the vpn config page — on many different releases. (I haven't upgraded to the current one.) Whenever it happens I just go back to the top-level URL, like 192.168.1.1 or whatever, and everything is then fine. I've never thought of it's as a big deal. It's just some minor race condition in the interaction between the GUI and my (linux) Firefox.
2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
The GUI issue is how your browser loads the css. SO FAR, I haven't had an issue with Firefox ESR 52.9.0 on MacOSX (Chrome, Safari, Opera, FF Quantum all do it), and I generally haven't had an issue on Firefox ESR on Debian Linux that I recall.
Johnb175
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
gufus wrote:
I'm sure you mean "Permit only clients listed to access the wireless network"

The LG android phone is on the list? It could be a bug with the wifi driver not dd-wrt.

Yes, you are correct. The phone was on the list in the previous build and after the upgrade I checked and all the MAC's were still in the list.
illuminati_tri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally flashed myself. Everything is working so far.

5GHz, Ch100+UUU, 160MHz, AC/N Mixed
2.4GHz, Ch10+L, 40MHz, N/G Mixed
VAP Guest Network on 2.4GHz; PBR bypasses VPN (SFE enabled)
OpenVPN Client (ExpressVPN)
MAC Whitelist
Static leases

Edit: After about 1.5 days uptime, having issues with OpenVPN client. Going into "reconnect" or "wait" status every few hours. Restarting the service fixes it.

Last edited by illuminati_tri on Tue Aug 20, 2019 17:34; edited 1 time in total
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is one of the first builds that I can run a Firestick, or any other device I use without internet interruptions. WRT3200ACM. If marvell would ever release the source code for WiFi this would be a solid router for DD-WRT. Web browser is obviously important for the GUI, but I haven't experienced it with this build.
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I'll stay at r40009 for the foreseeable future unless Brainslayer can rein in the size of these builds.

Sure, I can switch to partition 2 before flashing and hopefully it will load but it's kind of ridiculous that these firmware builds have gotten this big. I don't see any improvements to warrant that. r40009 is the last build where the GUI doesn't stop responding on my wrt19000acs v.1
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
ellick wrote:
I think I'll stay at r40009 for the foreseeable future unless Brainslayer can rein in the size of these builds.

I agree ellick, I wish BS would trash a lot of the bloat that's in some of these builds. Dump 100% of the stuff in Administration>Management>Show New Features option. Maybe even the Services>services>The Onion Router Project additions. There is a lot of bloat that I have reservations that anyone uses making it worth the overhead they represent.
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
scar1943 wrote:

I agree ellick, I wish BS would trash a lot of the bloat that's in some of these builds. Dump 100% of the stuff in Administration>Management>Show New Features option. Maybe even the Services>services>The Onion Router Project additions. There is a lot of bloat that I have reservations that anyone uses making it worth the overhead they represent.

I ended up trying this build because I wanted to use "cake" in QoS. I thought that was way better than Pie or fq_codel. Unfortunately, after running it overnight (router is still up and internet is working), I've again lost access to the GUI. Can't connect at all to 192.168.1.1 in multiple browsers and devices.

So, back to r40009 which was the last decent build for me.

WRT1900ACS v1
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: