Linksys WRT32x invalid firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
taimode
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:33    Post subject: Linksys WRT32x invalid firmware Reply with quote
Hi there,

When I try to install the DD-WRT firmware for my Linksys WRT32x (currently running from the stock linksys firmware)I get the following error "invalid firmware"

I've followed the guide "https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315569" and am using the "FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img which I downloaded from: Downloads › betas › 2019 › 08-14-2019-r40634 › linksys-wrt32x" file to upload to the GUI.

Any help would be appriated.

Thanks,

UPDATE: managed to get past this via installing a slightly older firmware version: https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/01-18-2019-r38326/linksys-wrt32x/

Can I now updated to the latest version? and would still really love some guidence on upgrading to the full fat version while still being able to revert to the orginal stock firmware if required.

Thanks Smile

UPDATE 2: updated the firmware to the latest and then followed the instructions to install the full fat firmware.

"1. Use the ubootenv get boot_part command to learn the current Partition in use.
2. Use the ubootenv set boot_part (1 or 2 – the opposite number returned in Step 1) command.
3. DO NOT REBOOT
4. In DD-WRT GUI – Administration Tab – Firmware Upgrade Sub Tab: Upload the new ’dd-wrt webflash.bin’ file for your Router & Hardware Version. MAKE SURE THAT NO RESET IS SELECTED.
5. After Firmware Upgrade is finished the Router will automatically reboot".

You need to enable telnet from the gui to preform the above, I'd recommend using putty to connect.

Worked flawlessly and seems to be running great Smile
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: