Asus RT-AC5300: Repair???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mcraven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 14:23    Post subject: Asus RT-AC5300: Repair??? Reply with quote
OK... at the link below, there is a tread about me struggling to get DD-WRT loaded on an RT-AC5300.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320552

I was a able to the the ASUS FW to load and run but noticed one of the 5Ghz radios wasn't coming up. I've concluded that there has been some sort of HW failure on this unit.

Is there any further diag at the HW level that I can do? Short of trashing the unit, are there any paths for repair I can pursue?
Sponsor
dun4cheap
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
telnet in to the device and do an erase nvram . Log in to it and see if all 3 radios come back up. Otherwise you may need to RMA it.

The port 80 forwarding bug with out reapplying settings appears to have been fixxed.

3 Buffalo WZR-1750DHP - DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

6 Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

all in eoip configurations, some with vlans running wep and wpa.

Some with proftp enabled and smb enabled. Mixed ISP from Timewarner cable, Cox Cable and AT&T Uverse.
mcraven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
dun4cheap wrote:
telnet in to the device and do an erase nvram . Log in to it and see if all 3 radios come back up. Otherwise you may need to RMA it.

Done.... Many times.

I'll try again and then look to RMA. Sad
madhits45
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
mcraven when was your ac5300 built? Mine was a oct 2018 hardware rv A6. I suspect since this router came out in 2016 that asus should have fixed these 2.4 & 5ghz channel issues after those first hw revisions and if thats the case then we are dealing with a software issue. Did you try to make changes to the 5ghz adv settings in DDWRT and see if you still loose 5ghz? I had a significantly better result when doing this with my 2.4ghz channel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: