D-Link DIR-878 A1 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
SoLoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
traysh wrote:
I'm thinking of buying this router and install dd-wrt. There are not many dd-wrt supported routers where I live.

Are the reboots gone?

builds after march 27th are not working with this router... (doubt they fixed it in todays build..), all working official builds have random reboots... only stable for me are custom brolys builds for 882.

however there is bright side... brolys builds that are stable for me are based on 4.14 kernel, when official builds will have working 4.14 kernel for this router we will be golden!
Sponsor
messerchmidt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
april builds bork wifi on the 882 a1, confirmed. will take time i guess to fix.
traysh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
SoLoR wrote:
traysh wrote:
I'm thinking of buying this router and install dd-wrt. There are not many dd-wrt supported routers where I live.

Are the reboots gone?

builds after march 27th are not working with this router... (doubt they fixed it in todays build..), all working official builds have random reboots... only stable for me are custom brolys builds for 882.

however there is bright side... brolys builds that are stable for me are based on 4.14 kernel, when official builds will have working 4.14 kernel for this router we will be golden!

Where do I find broly builds?
SoLoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
traysh wrote:
SoLoR wrote:
traysh wrote:

Are the reboots gone?

Where do I find broly builds?

in dir882 topic like 10th post
Crocodil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys Smile

I've managed to install DD-WRT on the router and it seems to be working fine. I do have a question though - How can I reset DD-WRT to factory defaults?

I've tried the 30/30/30 method using Reset, WPS and WIFI buttons but neither has worked...

Best regards,
Crocodil
FurryNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
There should be a reset function in the UI. Try under administration or system.

Crocodil wrote:
Hi guys Smile

I've managed to install DD-WRT on the router and it seems to be working fine. I do have a question though - How can I reset DD-WRT to factory defaults?

I've tried the 30/30/30 method using Reset, WPS and WIFI buttons but neither has worked...

Best regards,
Crocodil
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Crocodil wrote:
... - How can I reset DD-WRT to factory defaults?

If you meant the dd-wrt defaults,
Click Administration tab,
Click Factory Defaults tab,
Click Yes,
Click Apply Settings

If you meant reverting to D-Link firmware,
You can try the crash recovery procedure, mentioned at the following topic: Ddwrt back to factory issue
Crocodil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
@casualtester, @FurryNutz: Thank you for your answers but I was thinking of some way to reset the router to factory defaults without being able to access the web UI.

I have used the D-Link's "recovery mode" to install dd-wrt in the first place. It's ridiculous that it only works with Internet Explorer Mad

Neither way described at Hard Reset Or 30/30/30 works with my...
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
For hard reset, you're S.O.L.
FurryNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Other than using the reset UI or button in back, theres no reason for doing a hard reset. D-Link routers don't support the 30/30/30 method. Recovery mode works with Firefox as well. I believe Opera too last time I used it.

Crocodil wrote:
@casualtester, @FurryNutz: Thank you for your answers but I was thinking of some way to reset the router to factory defaults without being able to access the web UI.

I have used the D-Link's "recovery mode" to install dd-wrt in the first place. It's ridiculous that it only works with Internet Explorer Mad

Neither way described at Hard Reset Or 30/30/30 works with my...
davieboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had to register an throw my bit in.

I could not get any recovery to work on any computer using any of the methods described in other posts and regardless of o/s or browser combination the amount of time wasted attempting it was unreal, so i contacted dlink

They gave me the links to previous software versions, thats the problem and why the firmware from the main site doesn't flash, the recovery images listed on the support site are too new for the router - it must want the exact version it shipped with.

Grab them all from here ftp://ftp.dlink.eu/Products/dir/dir-878/driver_software/

MAKE SURE YOU SET THE STATIC IP CORRECTLY

boot into recovery mode and flash the newest or oldest first then work your way through them all until 1 flashes.

Mine was the second oldest and when the right file was selected away it went - installed with no problems first time.

after reboot all software was auto updated to the latest version

10 minutes it took in total!!!!

Hope this helps someone at some point, im quite confident o/s and browser didnt really matter in this day an age and the prob was purely the version of file i was trying to install
Bvalter1964
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
SoLoR wrote:
traysh wrote:

Are the reboots gone?

May you indicate which version is stable and better suiting you?
Thanks
Bvalter1964
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tried latest 4 firmware Brolin, not yet stable.
Many freezes in the web interface, in addition after many restart the router refused the connection via lan cable.
WIFI led blinking and not stable
Reinstalled original firmware through recovery (v1.04 intermediated first, latest 1.20 then)
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bvalter1964,
Thanks for the feedback.
I encountered similar problems with broly's release about two months ago.

Reverted back to a stock D-Link firmware since then.
Bvalter1964
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:34    Post subject: V 40599 Crispin 878/882 Reply with quote
Quite stable, good wifi performance. No possible for me execute test with file transfer.

Problems

Only time to time block of web-interface and impossibility to enter in the router with both cable and wifi connections,but internet still continue to work (solution switch of router and unplug for ten second, after the restart connection with router through 192.186.1.1 will return)

Reset hard button doesnt work
No possible to clear the vram, tried telnet but it is stacking in username and password request even if they are correct. Please to provide alternative solution.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: