[TP-LINK WR841ND v7] QoS crippling my download/upload rates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Pok_Madui
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:10    Post subject: [TP-LINK WR841ND v7] QoS crippling my download/upload rates Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
I've had this router for (I think) about ten years, and haven't ran into any problems with dd-wrt, all worked flawlessly, including QoS with my previous download rate of 40 Mb/s.

Today I've upgraded my download rates to 100 Mb/s (upload about 5 Mb/s) and everything worked fine, until I've enabled QoS and my rates were crippled for no apparent reason.

Using my ISP's own speed test without QoS I get about 95 Mb/s downloads and about 5 Mb/s uploads.
When I enable QoS in dd-wrt with the settings of 94500 kbps downlink and 4500 uplink (and no additional settings), I get 77 Mb/s download and 3.3 Mb/s upload.

I should note that I'm doing those tests connected to the router via Ethernet, with no other device in my network connected.

My build version is v3.0-r39654 std (04/25/19)

Is this a hardware limitation? Not enough NVRAM or else?

Any help would be appreciated Smile
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
It could be that QoS doesn't work for crap on that particular build.
Pok_Madui
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, indeed after I upgraded to 40527 it doesn't work at all...

Now speeds are the same as if QoS is disabled... tried limiting it to 50000 kbps downlink and 2500 kbps uplink and the tests show maximum speed (95 Mb/s down and 5 Mb/s up)

Is there a build that works with QoS on my router model?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: