HELP! D-Link DIR 330!!

the great potato
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 0:41    Post subject: HELP! D-Link DIR 330!! Reply with quote
hello all, ok i got a dlink dir 330 vpn router, i installed ddwrt, the router has flashing lights and everything like its working, but it has no IP and i cant log in to it. WHat can i do? Im stuck, ive done lots of searches but nothing worked so far. Please any help would be kick a$$ !
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I presume you followed this:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Dir-330
the great potato
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Download the Generic Broadcom Mini version and the Mega version if you want to install that as well. Do not try to install the Mega version directly. Testing showed repeated mixed results including two bricks. Testing always succeeded with Mini installed first. Rename the MINI file to start with 'dir330'. OK to rename the MINI file to just dir330.bin; again, filename must just start with 'dir330' .... that would have been nice to know !! considering i went to the router page found my router and the only download on it is Mega ! that is so awesome, couldent have a little * install mini before mega there or anything .. its only 2019.
the great potato
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
so anything i can do? or toss it in the trash where D-links belong.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apparently, you didn't see the additional information wiki link on the router database download page:

dir330.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  253.38 KB
 Viewed:  2496 Time(s)

dir330.png

kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
the great potato wrote:
so anything i can do? or toss it in the trash where D-links belong.
All the information is in the wiki, bad flash recovery, etc. Extreme worst case is a serial recovery.
the great potato
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
well this is interesting ... ok well, i was able to see the router over wireless and connect to it. It says the IP will stay default, but it did not. i was able to enter the router with wireless and wired now. Somehow i guess the install did work, but changed the ip settings. The router had no IP in Ip config until i got on it with wireless, now the wired and wireless are giving me an IP in Ip config. dont ask me why.. Rolling Eyes

i just wanted to add to this, earlier it seen the router but said Unknown network over wired. the wireless seen it as DD-wrt, now both are connecting and earlier i even tried the same Ip i just got on it with. the default should a have been 192.168.0.1 but it changed to 192.168.1.1, but that is my regular networks Ip, and i did indeed try it. i honestly dont understand it at all.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
It doesn't matter what the factory firmware defaults are, DD-WRT always sets it to 192.168.1.1 (see step 15 thru 27 in the wiki under "Flashing DD-WRT")....
the great potato
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
it said something about the default Ip and after flashing it would remain the same, i dont know what piece of info it was from i read allot of stuff yesterday. But i have the router running and set up, but now i cant get the Vpn to work, i followed Nordvpns set up on their websight for dd-wrt and redid it 3 times to be sure, but it wont run the vpn. When i go to Status > VPN , it just hangs on that page and wont load, but a check on whats my IP showed no change. But over all the dd-wrt did work and seems stable with the newest mega. i have a 2 router set up both can get to the internet and work, just cant get the vpn to run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: