Could not activate license

dichi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 16:50    Post subject: Could not activate license Reply with quote
Hello
I ask help aurrouter ubiquiti.
I installed the fw dd-wrt, I bought the license but can not activate it.
After entering the activation key, the router will restart, after restart firmware is still in trial mode.
I tried more and more times with the same result.
I did reset and again loaded the fw, yet attempted activation. Same result: the router says "Activation Done, the System will now reboot."
After reboot, firmware is still in trial mode.
Can someone help me?
Thank you
Sponsor
leobaillard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been ages and quite some posts have been written about this. It's getting old and frustrating.

We have bought a license and we can't use it! This product is awesome and being able to use it with our Ubiquiti devices is a must.

Please provide us with updates about this issue... I would like to point out that the latest beta versions do not change anything to the matter.
leobaillard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can we please have an answer on this other than "it's been fixed in the latest beta", which is simply not true?

Thank you.
Soozooki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 13:24    Post subject: solution Please? Reply with quote
Hi,

Can someone from DD-WRT please respond to this and provide a solution.
I have just bought a professional license and am having the same issue with ubiquity airrouter.
ie , I will insert the activation code, for a split second there will be an message saying "invalid code" .
Then it will say "activation done. the system will now reboot "after which it will stay in trial mode.

note: seems that every time I log back into the router, the system key is different from the one that I registered with.

Regards
Soozooki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:44    Post subject: Could not activate license Reply with quote
Does anyone have any solutions please ?
leobaillard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried the latest beta for my PicoStation M2 HP and it worked! Finally!

I encourage you to try the very latest beta version for your device. Maybe you'll have some luck!

It's a pity that there were absolutely no official answer on this...After so long...
ok2vuv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:19    Post subject: Ubiquiti NanoStation M5 - successful activation. Reply with quote
Like many local enthusiasts, I also wanted to try DD-WRT on my Nanostation M5. The upload procedure DD-WRT is working with Windows and cmd. I'm pointing to the right version. I did not experience subsequent activation on recent versions (e.g., 20180716_r36330). I first had to use version 20161215_r30949 here https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2016/12-15-2016-r30949/ubnt_NanoStation_m5/NS5M-DD-WRT.bin

1.Power off the device and power it on again while holding the reset button for about >20 seconds. The color LED signal strengths must flash.
2.Flash NS5M-DD-WRT.bin using tftp to 192.168.1.20 in binary mode
3.Windows: cmd and type tftp -i 192.168.1.20 put NS5M-DD-WRT.bin
4. Wait for about 5 minutes (devices and firmware depending) - do not power off the device ! On version with signal LEDs, the LEDs blinking in different colors during firmware upgrade.
5.after successfully flashing the unit will be accessible with web on 192.168.1.1

The activation payment process is described here
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=314107&sid=f47f7b92c9f3d83018f1c4e8c8273f97

After logging in to the Activation Center, copy the entire System key from NanoStation and Activate. Return the entire generated key back to the NanoStation.
After the reboot, Trial disappears, and you can save settings and perform Backup. Interestingly, the activation remains after upgrading to the latest fw, but also when re-uploading fw in binary mode.
Perhaps my approach will help.

Attention!!!
Do not upgrade to newer versions (r36330 or r36410). In these versions, setting up does not work and I could not connect to the AP on the 52 5260MHz channel (5180MHz connected correctly). AP sees, I'll join and will not go to security settings anymore. If I choose manually, it will not connect and Channel Unknown.

Radek
Meestor_X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:53    Post subject: Connect request failed Reply with quote
When I try the TFTP command in Windows as you've written it, I get the following error:
Code:
Connect request failed

Any idea what to do about that?

I'm using an Ubiquiti Nanostation M5, currently with firmware XW.v6.1.7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: