Asus RT-N10U - questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you have a USB stick inserted and mounted at /opt? It can't install to a read-only filesystem.
Sponsor
huarraaa123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Did you have a USB stick inserted and mounted at /opt? It can't install to a read-only filesystem.

Yes.
Then there is another problem: If the disk/stick contains more than one partition (in this case the first being fat and the second ext4, the router goes into strange restart-loop or at least it restarts every service which results it cannot be accessed with http, telnet or ssh.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
huarraaa123 wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

Yes.
Then there is another problem: If the disk/stick contains more than one partition (in this case the first being fat and the second ext4, the router goes into strange restart-loop or at least it restarts every service which results it cannot be accessed with http, telnet or ssh.

So, you either have to somehow install the module into /tmp somewhere and do that every time you reboot, or use the supported filesystems....
huarraaa123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
huarraaa123 wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

Yes.

So, you either have to somehow install the module into /tmp somewhere and do that every time you reboot, or use the supported filesystems....

Umm. How about no.

It's a trip to total madness and insanity to first use usb with fat to somehow install the ipk-package to some god-forsaken-I-dunno-what-unicorn-jffs-memory-If-it's-even-possible, then unmount the stick, remove it, connect the 1.8TB ext4-drive, mount it somehow and hope it works.

No. instead I'd opt for compiling it myself w/o fat at all and w/o cd-support(!!!) only with ext4 and whynot NTFS if I could. Last time I tried to do so (with newer kernel) it was a mess and it didn't work after playing around with couple of weeks.

Is there any volunteer?
huarraaa123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cannot compile it easily. Fails all the time.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
huarraaa123 wrote:
I cannot compile it easily. Fails all the time.

Are you using the correct toolchain?

Code:
strings /lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep toolchain

AFAIK, the current toolchains are not updated, but should work.
huarraaa123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
The toolchains are correct (mipsel 79c). However the installation script gives errors way more than I can handle.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
huarraaa123 wrote:
The toolchains are correct (mipsel 79c). However the installation script gives errors way more than I can handle.

I'm sure you meant mipsel 74kc. Errors happen. Does the build complete?
huarraaa123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
huarraaa123 wrote:

My bad, 74kc indeed. Errors do happen with autocorrect. And for the answer: No, build does not complete.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
huarraaa123 wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
huarraaa123 wrote:

My bad, 74kc indeed. Errors do happen with autocorrect. And for the answer: No, build does not complete.

Not entirely surprised there. The dev environment for DD is a b*tch. And, I don't think the current in-use toolchains have been posted yet.
huarraaa123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
So any suggestions other than to wait - or ask brainslayer to ditch some other obsolete drivers and include the ext4 to next build?

I guess you have also tried to compile - and failed?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
huarraaa123 wrote:
So any suggestions other than to wait - or ask brainslayer to ditch some other obsolete drivers and include the ext4 to next build?

I guess you have also tried to compile - and failed?

It takes a lot of troubleshooting to get a build to compile. The build scripts in the repo are not the ones being used, and the toolchains I last saw were from last year. Not entirely sure which version of Debian that BS is currently using, either. And getting BS to re-add that module to the 8mb builds ... all I can say is, good luck. You may have better luck with the functionality being in FreshTomato, but I would have to verify that it supports this router 100%.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: