simple to see settings in saved Config-NVrambak file?

Sam1789
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 21:13    Post subject: simple to see settings in saved Config-NVrambak file? Reply with quote
I understand that nvrambak files from one build should not be loaded "restored" into a new build.

Is there a simple way to read the previously saved Config-NVrambak files to get what settings were
for a previously used build were? If so it would make the setup the new install easier.

Thanks,
Sam

wrt54GLs for ad'l 3rd tier machines.
Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I do a backup, I also use the CLI to get a human-readable list of the parameters this way, on linux system foo:

ssh 192.168.1.1 nvram show >fooFileToSaveIn

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Sam1789
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for these replies. It has been a fairly long time since I have had to work on anything with my dd-wrt routers. So I'm foggy on using & setting up dd-wrt.

The routers in question today are ones which had been reset during a complicated power & UPS failure. But I had saved the nvrambak configs from before. It was not apparent initially what all might have happened to these routers. So I wanted to be cautious.

The list I got from the nvrambak > show was very long. & seems to contain a lot more information than I was/am looking for?
And I'm not sure how to get it from the router to my PC with telnet.

I will keep in mind the suggestion to NOT doing a "factory" reset when installing a new build. I had avoided that based on warnings on doing that from when I was first setting up my wrt3200's and wrt1200's. But that was a fair while ago and builds involved fairly substantial deep changes for those routers as the "devs" worked with the issues of getting good WiFi drivers from LinkSys.

I appreciate this help.

thanks,
Sam

wrt54GLs for ad'l 3rd tier machines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: