New Build 40439: BS 07-26-2019-r40439 (DO NOT FLASH, BRICKS)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
flyzipper
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
darkteckno wrote:

Thanks, I tried and failed though, it wouldn't seem to do anything in tftp64. Is there anything else I should be doing in tftp64? The led on router lights up when the lan cable is connected.

It isn't stated in the original instructions, but you need an Ethernet cable connecting your PC and router.

(I'm sure you figured that out, but sometimes we overlook the obvious)

Other details for tftpd64...

- ensure the Current Directory contains the vmlinuz file
- ensure the Server Interface is the Windows adapter to which you've assigned 192.168.1.2 (mine defaulted to the loopback adapter 127.0.0.1)
- once you've successfully booted to openwrt, stop tftpd64 or unplug the ethernet cable connecting router/PC, otherwise your router will pickup vmlinuz upon its next reboot
Sponsor
Gradius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
SORRY, but that is simply NOT true.
All you have to do is install its old driver on a WIN10 machine.
I rarely use mine but sometimes I stiil do and always have to install the 'Prolific' driver if using the WIN10 computer.
I have the drivers here ---> 'Installing profilic-drivers on Windows 10' ... that was just a part of the 'DD-WRT EA8500' install guide I put up few years back Twisted Evil

Did you read it correctly? I said HXA doesn't works on Win10, from OFFICIAL site:
http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

NOTE:

Windows 8/8.1/10 are NOT supported in PL-2303HXA and PL-2303X EOL chip versions.
Run PL2303 CheckChipVersion tool program in Windows XP/Vista/7 to check chip version.
Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 98 and Windows ME driver technical support are discontinued.
Prolific recommends to use PL-2303HXD (HX Rev D) or PL2303TA chip.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gradius,
THERE IS NO OFFICIAL WINDOWS 10 INSTALLER.
and
Actaully there were many counterfeit PL-2303HX using Prolific's name but if you have one that works fine on your old system then it will work fine in WIN10.
Why don't you do like I ask and try it rather than posting a five year old article Rolling Eyes
and
if you looked at the link I posted you will see that the driver I used is from 2008.....they just never made an official WIN 10 installer.
darkteckno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi yes ethernet cable is connected and changed default ip in tftp64 nothing is shown in log viewer though. Vmlinuz is in the same directory as tftpd

flyzipper wrote:
darkteckno wrote:

Thanks, I tried and failed though, it wouldn't seem to do anything in tftp64. Is there anything else I should be doing in tftp64? The led on router lights up when the lan cable is connected.

It isn't stated in the original instructions, but you need an Ethernet cable connecting your PC and router.

- ensure the Server Interface is the Windows adapter to which you've assigned 192.168.1.2 (mine defaulted to the loopback adapter 127.0.0.1)
- once you've successfully booted to openwrt, stop tftpd64 or unplug the ethernet cable connecting router/PC, otherwise your router will pickup vmlinuz upon its next reboot
labrok
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:49    Post subject: Re: New Firmware Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
labrok wrote:
Has anyone tgried the new firmware r40443? I am a bit afraid to try it again if anyone do succesfull flash inform us guys!

yea tis working on RT-N12D1 / E2500 / E1200v2
The RT-N12D1 is only one I run 24/7 and he is just a WAP... all good.
Same ol VAP problem --- I tested on the others.

So, it doesn't break Broadcom MIPS? I guess I'll open a new build thread, since nobody else has yet Razz

@labrok, if THIS build only breaks ARM, then I wouldn't bother as I have seen no commits to revert what I think broke things. Just my $0.02

Last time i was lucky, my DIR-868L rev C just soft bricked, next time might not been as lucky, i will wait for a couple of days.
darkteckno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really don't know what I'm doing in TFTP
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:58    Post subject: Re: New Firmware Reply with quote
labrok wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
labrok wrote:
Has anyone tgried the new firmware r40443? I am a bit afraid to try it again if anyone do succesfull flash inform us guys!

yea tis working on RT-N12D1 / E2500 / E1200v2
The RT-N12D1 is only one I run 24/7 and he is just a WAP... all good.
Same ol VAP problem --- I tested on the others.

So, it doesn't break Broadcom MIPS? I guess I'll open a new build thread, since nobody else has yet Razz

@labrok, if THIS build only breaks ARM, then I wouldn't bother as I have seen no commits to revert what I think broke things. Just my $0.02

Last time i was lucky, my DIR-868L rev C just soft bricked, next time might not been as lucky, i will wait for a couple of days.

I am wondering if they were all technically soft bricks, and if a power cycle would've cured the issue. It's like the serial console messages I have been getting for quite a while related to xc and kernel panics post-flash. One of many things that really do not make sense to me. FWIW, there have been positive reports on Broadcom ARM devices in the 40443 build thread.
darkteckno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
how does tftpd64 even know it is supposed to upload anything like vmlinuz. I've got tftp server running on the router through consol, now what?
darkteckno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
seriously is there retard version of the unbricking guide?

https://www.myopenrouter.com/article/how-debrick-your-netgear-wnr3500l-using-usb-ttl-cable-windows is garbled shit
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
darkteckno wrote:

https://www.myopenrouter.com/article/how-debrick-your-netgear-wnr3500l-using-usb-ttl-cable-windows is garbled shit

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tftp_flash

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash
darkteckno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks, it's connecting with tft2 but what file should I flash?

kernel-panic69 wrote:
darkteckno wrote:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tftp_flash

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash
darkteckno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right flashed latest dd-wrt and it is saying the wifi connection is secured and lan refuses to connect
wrecklesswun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 15:43    Post subject: Generic vmlinuz Reply with quote
MasterDude wrote:
darkteckno wrote:
Yep Bricked R7000 here.... HELP!

Bricked my R7000 too. Im an absolute noob when it comes to recovery things but got mine working again after some searching and trying.

This worked for me:

set static ip adress 192.168.1.2
set subnet 255.255.255.0
set standard gatewat 192.168.1.1

download tftp64
extract and put vmlinuz file in same folder
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=36485
shut down firewall
run tftp64 and go to logviewer

now start router and within 10 seconds it will load the file to memory.

now wait and now you can get into openwrt probably trough 192.168.1.1 (in browser) use username root and pw admin and now I could load an old dd-wrt version.

I hope this will help you too.

Cant believe I got this working again by myself Shocked Very Happy

I got this process to work, however, i cannot get to the browser. Is this for R7000 only, or is the vmlinuz generic?
wrecklesswun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
darkteckno wrote:
Hi yes ethernet cable is connected and changed default ip in tftp64 nothing is shown in log viewer though. Vmlinuz is in the same directory as tftpd

flyzipper wrote:
darkteckno wrote:

Make sure you client ip is 1.2 and your gateway is 1.1
MasterDude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 16:07    Post subject: Re: Generic vmlinuz Reply with quote
wrecklesswun wrote:
MasterDude wrote:
darkteckno wrote:
Yep Bricked R7000 here.... HELP!

Bricked my R7000 too. Im an absolute noob when it comes to recovery things but got mine working again after some searching and trying.

This worked for me:

set static ip adress 192.168.1.2
set subnet 255.255.255.0
set standard gatewat 192.168.1.1

download tftp64
extract and put vmlinuz file in same folder
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=36485
shut down firewall
run tftp64 and go to logviewer

now start router and within 10 seconds it will load the file to memory.

now wait and now you can get into openwrt probably trough 192.168.1.1 (in browser) use username root and pw admin and now I could load an old dd-wrt version.

I hope this will help you too.

Cant believe I got this working again by myself Shocked Very Happy

I got this process to work, however, i cannot get to the browser. Is this for R7000 only, or is the vmlinuz generic?

I guess this is generic, but cant find the forum anymore. Maybe you can search for a specific R7000 vmlinux. Good luck
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: