New Build 40439: BS 07-26-2019-r40439 (DO NOT FLASH, BRICKS)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gradius wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Here's the ticket that I posted in the other thread: https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6731

I am in the process of checking commits between 40400 and 40439 to see what the possible culprit is, well, I am trying, but svn is choking on it's own vomit. Rolling Eyes

Starting program at 0x00008000
Uncompressing Linux...

XZ-compressed data is corrupt

-- System halted

And there we have it. Thanks for posting that info.
Sponsor
tinkeruntilitworks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
its my bad for flashing before coming here
its my bad for not knowing how to recover

why is it still posted bricking routers?
darkteckno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
MasterDude wrote:
darkteckno wrote:
Yep Bricked R7000 here.... HELP!

Bricked my R7000 too. Im an absolute noob when it comes to recovery things but got mine working again after some searching and trying.

This worked for me:

set static ip adress 192.168.1.2
set subnet 255.255.255.0
set standard gatewat 192.168.1.1

download tftp64
extract and put vmlinuz file in same folder
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=36485
shut down firewall
run tftp64 and go to logviewer

now start router and within 10 seconds it will load the file to memory.

now wait and now you can get into openwrt probably trough 192.168.1.1 (in browser) use username root and pw admin and now I could load an old dd-wrt version.

I hope this will help you too.

Cant believe I got this working again by myself Shocked Very Happy

Thanks, I tried and failed though, it wouldn't seem to do anything in tftp64. Is there anything else I should be doing in tftp64? The led on router lights up when the lan cable is connected.
MasterDude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
darkteckno wrote:
MasterDude wrote:
darkteckno wrote:
Yep Bricked R7000 here.... HELP!

Bricked my R7000 too. Im an absolute noob when it comes to recovery things but got mine working again after some searching and trying.

This worked for me:

set static ip adress 192.168.1.2
set subnet 255.255.255.0
set standard gatewat 192.168.1.1

download tftp64
extract and put vmlinuz file in same folder
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=36485
shut down firewall
run tftp64 and go to logviewer

now start router and within 10 seconds it will load the file to memory.

now wait and now you can get into openwrt probably trough 192.168.1.1 (in browser) use username root and pw admin and now I could load an old dd-wrt version.

I hope this will help you too.

Cant believe I got this working again by myself Shocked Very Happy

Thanks, I tried and failed though, it wouldn't seem to do anything in tftp64. Is there anything else I should be doing in tftp64? The led on router lights up when the lan cable is connected.

That was the same with me. But you have to set your adapter in windows to the right ipaddresses as I subscripted earlier. If the vmlinux file is in the same folder you just have to start te program and go to logviewer and restart program. You dont have to do anything in tftp64 because your router should as folder the file itself. good luck trying.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
tinkeruntilitworks wrote:

For reference, I presume. They usually do not remove the forum post so people will hopefully see the post and heed the warnings. And I just love how the "oh, it's nothing, it affects some units, but not all" eventually winds up with a bricking build because of the initial kernel panic I reported a while back. But, again, I have no glue Rolling Eyes

For those who aren't aware of what I am talking about, this post explains where the problem probably started: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1147424#1147424

Somehow, I knew that kernel panic on reboot and those error messages would eventually bite someone in the ass.
parco
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
not surprised, bricked my EA2700 since r40352 already. Rolling Eyes
tinkeruntilitworks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
tinkeruntilitworks wrote:

For reference, I presume. They usually do not remove the forum post so people will hopefully see the post and heed the warnings. And I just love how the "oh, it's nothing, it affects some units, but not all" eventually winds up with a bricking build because of the initial kernel panic I reported a while back. But, again, I have no glue Rolling Eyes

For those who aren't aware of what I am talking about, this post explains where the problem probably started: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1147424#1147424

Somehow, I knew that kernel panic on reboot and those error messages would eventually bite someone in the ass.

if im able to recover or get another router
should i get a build before this then? or would i be missing out on an important security update? the previous build seemed to work fine but i don't know about under the hood
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm still running 40352 myself. Honestly, if you have a <Kong> supported device, use his builds and wait for his updates.
Sneakyghost
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 17:48    Post subject: R8000 bricked too Reply with quote
Hi,
first post here on this forum. Been only reading it so far, while diving in to the DD-WRT stuff.

Reporting an R8000 as bricked by Build 40439.

Same same.

I will try to recover it (tomorrow) while I am running on the backup unit. I am not sure I can contribute much except stating that the R8000 also doesn't like this build, but if you have anything you would want me to test, i can do, since I now have two of those things (just got a used one for a few bucks). Unfortunately i have no serial interface hardware to go down that road, but I am gladly taking any other "good ideas". Thanks.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I didn't have serial recovery pieces and parts until my first brick. The last sentence of the warning in the OP up top in red is there for a reason. I found out the hard way Wink Rolling Eyes
Sneakyghost
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Yeah, I didn't have serial recovery pieces and parts until my first brick. The last sentence of the warning in the OP up top in red is there for a reason. I found out the hard way Wink Rolling Eyes

All good, not complaining. I knew what was coming and I have had a few "soft bricks" on older Netgears. Never needed serial. TFTP was always enough. Not this time though. Guess now its just my turn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 20:35    Post subject: New Firmware Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the new firmware r40443? I am a bit afraid to try it again if anyone did succesfully flashed inform us guys!

Last edited by labrok on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:43; edited 1 time in total
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 20:43    Post subject: Re: New Firmware Reply with quote
labrok wrote:
Has anyone tgried the new firmware r40443? I am a bit afraid to try it again if anyone do succesfull flash inform us guys!

yea tis working on RT-N12D1 / E2500 / E1200v2
The RT-N12D1 is only one I run 24/7 and he is just a WAP... all good.
Same ol VAP problem --- I tested on the others.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 21:05    Post subject: Re: New Firmware Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
labrok wrote:
Has anyone tgried the new firmware r40443? I am a bit afraid to try it again if anyone do succesfull flash inform us guys!

yea tis working on RT-N12D1 / E2500 / E1200v2
The RT-N12D1 is only one I run 24/7 and he is just a WAP... all good.
Same ol VAP problem --- I tested on the others.

So, it doesn't break Broadcom MIPS? I guess I'll open a new build thread, since nobody else has yet Razz

@labrok, if THIS build only breaks ARM, then I wouldn't bother as I have seen no commits to revert what I think broke things. Just my $0.02

Last edited by kernel-panic69 on Sat Jul 27, 2019 21:24; edited 3 times in total
tinkeruntilitworks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
deleted

Last edited by tinkeruntilitworks on Wed Aug 07, 2019 20:58; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: