New Build 40352: BS 07-16-2019-r40352

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
underdose wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
@underdose: seems to be an ASUS device-specific bug, perhaps:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320548

Thanks for replying! I've visited several threads and svn links by people having the same/similar problem, and yes, it seems like an ASUS-specific bug. What do you suggest as the next step? Should I submit it to SVN as a new ticket/necro an existing one(not same but seems similar to a degree) or posting here is just enough?

Looking at the linked (closed) ticket, you may want to try this:

Quote:
Workaround: I change the WAN connection to "Static IP", apply settings, then change it back to "Automatic Configuration - DHCP" and apply settings again. Now the udhcpc client is running as shown by ps:

You can check if udhcpc/d is running over CLI via telnet / ssh. Also. as noted in the thread I linked, you may want to see if the ports are correctly assigned, it could be that they are in reverse order (I just remembered this quirk). Seems to be an ongoing problem. May want to re-open that ticket and post your problem and details on build, router model, etc.
Sponsor
underdose
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Workaround: I change the WAN connection to "Static IP", apply settings, then change it back to "Automatic Configuration - DHCP" and apply settings again. Now the udhcpc client is running as shown by ps:

This has the same effect as the workaround I suggested -hitting "Apply Settings" on the basic setup page, no need to change any value btw- and needs manual input after each reboot, so not a viable solution IMHO.

To add to the other workaround, stopservice wan is not needed at all. Adding startservice wan after ~20 seconds of delay to the startup script seems to solve the problem.

Quote:
You can check if udhcpc/d is running over CLI via telnet / ssh.

udhcpc/udhcpd definitely not running after the reboot. Issuing startservice wan command (either on startup or after SSH'ing) fixes all issues related.

Quote:
Also. as noted in the thread I linked, you may want to see if the ports are correctly assigned, it could be that they are in reverse order (I just remembered this quirk). Seems to be an ongoing problem.

Code:

LAN MAC: 70:XX:XX:XX:XX:AA
WAN MAC: 70:XX:XX:XX:XX:A9
Wireless MAC: 70:XX:XX:XX:XX:AA

Interestingly, router's MAC address on the sticker is 70:XX:XX:XX:XX:A8, but on the GUI it shows up as A9. In the ticket, BrainSlayer suggests to clone the LAN MAC to WAN MAC, however this is an unnecessary/overly complicated modification for end users and simply (re)starting wan service somewhere in the boot process solves the issue.

Quote:
May want to re-open that ticket and post your problem and details on build, router model, etc.

I think I will do that, thanks again.
tli
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: ASUS RT-N66R
File: dd-wrt.v24-40352_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U.trx
Kernel: Linux 3.10.108-d8 #25413 Tue Jul 16 19:22:58 CEST 2019 mips
Mode: Auto-DHCP IPv4 Gateway (disabled WiFi, VLAN, USB, UPnP & QoS)
Reset: no
Previous: dd-wrt.v24-40065_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U.trx
twindragon6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:18    Post subject: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Reply with quote
Router/Version: Netgear R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r40352 std (07/16/19)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.185 #442 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 16 12:43:53 CEST 2019 armv7l
Mode: Gateway
Reset: No
Previous: 07-12-2019-r40276

LOGS.txt
 Description:
Logs:

Download
 Filename:  LOGS.txt
 Filesize:  202.5 KB
 Downloaded:  188 Time(s)

lovewilliam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I noticed the LAN ports are mapped in a reversed order in Setup->VLANs page.

i.e.
1 is mapped to 4 in VLANs page
2 is mapped to 3 in VLANs page
3 is mapped to 2 in VLANs page
4 is mapped to 1 in VLANs page

My device is TEW-811DRU
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:21    Post subject: Re: Cisco Linksys E4200 v1 Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Router/Version: Cisco Linksys E4200 v1
File: dd-wrt.v24-40352_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e4200.bin
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r40352 mega (07/16/19)
Previous: DD-WRT v3.0-r40274 mega (07/12/19)
Reset: No
Mode: Gateway/AP
Uptime: ~6h 32m
Issues/Errors: So far, so good. Will monitor and report issues.

After 3 days and some change, the infamous user.info: timer: syslog messages have cycled through twice and syslog is not logging anything, but otherwise, everything is still functional. This is with GTK settings of 3610 on 2.4 and 3620 on 5GHz. What I figured out, though, was part of the problem was related to my Android phone being on the same AP as my Win10 PC. Probably related to DTIM being set to 1, but I haven't changed that setting.

Personally, I think ntp should only be sync'ing once per day, because I don't think this helps this problem syncing it every hour. If it is calling BusyBox's ntp code, that setting can be changed in the code - but if I remember right, "I do it my way" has it hard-coded somewhere else in the firmware: https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6463 Wink Cool

Last edited by kernel-panic69 on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:08; edited 3 times in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
lovewilliam wrote:
I noticed the LAN ports are mapped in a reversed order in Setup->VLANs page.

i.e.
1 is mapped to 4 in VLANs page
2 is mapped to 3 in VLANs page
3 is mapped to 2 in VLANs page
4 is mapped to 1 in VLANs page

My device is TEW-811DRU

This wiki will help you figure out if it is also reverse in nvram and how to fix it:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switched_Ports

You can also do a Google search for "TEW-811DRU DD-WRT" and several forum threads come up. I didn't read them all, but you may want to.
thommy181
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:18    Post subject: Netgear WNR3500L v2 Reply with quote
Router/Version: Netgear WNR3500L v2
File: dd-wrt.v24-40352_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-WNR3500Lv2.chk
Kernel: 3.10.108-d8 #25397 Tue Jul 16 18:53:01 CEST 2019 mips
Mode: Internet gateway and WIFI AP

Generally device is working and usable. After build number 40065 I can't config switch ports manually that I want. After save settings I have default settings in Basic -> Switch config tab. Suddenly it was problem with wifi stable working. My android device have reconnect loop when I try use wifi on my smartphone. After reboot situation small better for a while. Today I'm restore factory default and config my Netgear one more time. Actually I'm observe work of my Netgear.
parco
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Cisco-Linksys EA2700
File: dd-wrt-40352-ea2700.trx
CPU: Broadcom BCM5357 chip rev 2
CPU Features: MIPS32r1 MIPS32r2 MIPS16 DSP DSP2
CPU Frequency: 480 MHz
Mode: Gateway/AP
TCP Congestion Control: Westwood
Status: CRASH and BRICKED, ROLLBACK to r40274, transport layer (UDP/TCP) hangs or disconnections in wireless LAN while Shortcut Forwarding Engine enabled

CAUTION -- This build can be flashed, but every time after I chose WPA2/WPA mixed wifi security type and setup my own wifi password, then pressed "Apply" button, in the WebGui, my EA2700 router was bricked, no any wifi AP connectivities, even no wired ethernet connectivities, for so long, plenty of minutes, until I stabbed the reset button.

Every time, bricks my router in the same page, with the same config, whatever which browser I used, no matter Chrome or Edge. I just can't stand it, so I rollbacked to r40274 finally.

And also the WebGui responses are so slow, delay a few or even 10s for each page loaded. And Slowed down all my network even wired ethernet, nearly makes all connections with no responses. VERY BAD and BUGGY build, bad bad work this time, I believe there should be so many codes inside needed to be corrected. I've no ideas what they did.

From r40260 to r40274, I tried to turn on SFE again and shut down UPnP service. Things seem better than the builds before, I'm not sure if it is because the newer build (codes changed) or UPnP disabled. If it is because UPnP disabled, then that should be a conflict between SFE and UPnP, that needs to be fixed. I've noticed the default txqueuelen of vlan2 (WAN) now is 0, not 1000 anymore, maybe that makes the SFE issue recovered a little bit more faster. But anyway SFE issue is still existed, not completely solved yet, although a little bit better in build r40274. I think developers mind is on a quite right road now, but I can't comprehend which codes inside make txqueuelen of vlan2 become 0, when I read the change logs in SVN, maybe I'm not familiar with both router and linux.

This issue does not just crash UDP connections, but TCP as well. In another words, SFE crashes all connections in Transport Layer. But now I found that, SFE doesn't really always crash UDP and TCP, but usually when the router is BUSY. What I mean is, when the router receives many requests, or so many connections have to be created, or so many things of a huge amount of connections need to be sent out, SFE usually crashes at this moment, the router become no any responses for at least a few minutes, or even disconnect things.

That means, when the router has many requests at the same time, or the router has to create many transport layer sessions at once, or the router has many connections and nearly all the connections get things need to transmit out at the same time, SFE crashes. Router has many sessions, and many works at the same moment, SFE usually crashes. It depends on how many works, how many requests, how many works queued, how many tasks to be processed at once, but not always depends on bandwidth usage (crashes even while many work loads but low bandwidth needed, less bulk transmissions).

So I'm quite sure that, SFE crashed because of handling multi task. When too many tasks, too many works, SFE crashes. That's unacceptable, router is designed for multitask working, router should handles many works at the same time. Router can be slow (just should queue and keep on procession), but should not hang, should not crash, should not disconnect things because such amount of busyness. Every time even SFE disabled, every thing is fast, smooth and stable, without drops, hangs or disconnections even when delay. I think there should be some deadlocking inside SFE occurred which make SFE hang. Codes need to be checked and checked for which parts in SFE or even kernel would make deadlocking. I know fixing something about multi-threading is a tough work, which threads, buffer or resources may lock each others until eternity.

But if txqueuelen 0 of vlan2 (WAN) makes thing better, I think SFE may crash or conflict with Congestion Control as well, should be fixed one by one. Two possibilities to crash SFE I'm quite sure: busy multi-task or congestion control.

Should I create another new ticket about SFE crashes like this? Confused Rolling Eyes
eginnc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: TP-Link Archer C9v1 (BCM4709 1GHz & BCM4360)
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r40352 std

r40352 broke my 2.4 GHz VAP (not bridged. I gave up getting a VAP on each radio to work off a bridge on this router several releases ago). No VAP after reboot. Save and Apply Settings didn't fix it either. So I backtracked one release at a time and determined this broke in r40276. After I flashed r40260 the 2.4GHz guest VAP was back, and my IoT device using it (a WyzeCam v2) was connected and functioning again. FWIW, it also worked with r40189.

SoyRA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 16:54    Post subject: Re: New Build 40352: BS 07-16-2019-r40352 Reply with quote
Router/Version: Cisco Linksys E900 / v1.0
File: dd-wrt.v24-40352_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e900
Mode: Automatic Configuration - DHCP / AP

# Switch Config
- I put it like this, but both Save and Apply Settings give me this result.

# Really annoying problem
- Connected via Cable, everything works perfectly. I don't have cuts, maximum and stable speed, etc.
- Connected via Wi-Fi...trouble begins. The speeds are perfect and everything, but the devices can lose the connection (and I have to wait for them to reconnect on their own, or do it manually).
* Example with my Cell: It's connected and everything is nice, from the PC I access the WhatsApp Web and sometimes it tells me that it has lost the connection and that. So if I go back to the cell, with the simple fact of opening WhatsApp everything works again. But there are also times when I have to reconnect to the network (and reopen WhatsApp).
* Example with my Netbook: I can be using a page without problems, I open a new tab (either Google, YouTube, any site) and it appears that I could not load the page ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. Very few times it was solved with a simple "F5", I always had to disconnect and reconnect to the network.

With my ISP's CM everything is perfect, and my devices are always at the same distance, position, etc. But I have to use Router because idiots don't implement NAT Loopback (and it's very annoying, because I don't always have the option to connect and so on, using my Internal IP).

# Logs
- I just know that I've Windows and the DD-WRT...I've no idea how to make the logs that are requested at the beginning. :c!
* If you tell me how to do all the logs you need, I'd appreciate it very much.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 23:24    Post subject: Re: New Build 40352: BS 07-16-2019-r40352 Reply with quote
SoyRA wrote:
Router/Version: Cisco Linksys E900 / v1.0
File: dd-wrt.v24-40352_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e900
Mode: Automatic Configuration - DHCP / AP

# Switch Config
- I put it like this, but both Save and Apply Settings give me this result.

# Really annoying problem
- Connected via Cable, everything works perfectly. I don't have cuts, maximum and stable speed, etc.
- Connected via Wi-Fi...trouble begins. The speeds are perfect and everything, but the devices can lose the connection (and I have to wait for them to reconnect on their own, or do it manually).
* Example with my Cell: It's connected and everything is nice, from the PC I access the WhatsApp Web and sometimes it tells me that it has lost the connection and that. So if I go back to the cell, with the simple fact of opening WhatsApp everything works again. But there are also times when I have to reconnect to the network (and reopen WhatsApp).
* Example with my Netbook: I can be using a page without problems, I open a new tab (either Google, YouTube, any site) and it appears that I could not load the page ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. Very few times it was solved with a simple "F5", I always had to disconnect and reconnect to the network.

With my ISP's CM everything is perfect, and my devices are always at the same distance, position, etc. But I have to use Router because idiots don't implement NAT Loopback (and it's very annoying, because I don't always have the option to connect and so on, using my Internal IP).

# Logs
- I just know that I've Windows and the DD-WRT...I've no idea how to make the logs that are requested at the beginning. :c!
* If you tell me how to do all the logs you need, I'd appreciate it very much.

The E900 is a single-radio wireless-N router, correct? vlans should be 2 for WAN, 1 for LAN, if I am not mistaken. The initial configs on the VLANS/Switchconfig page are wrong to begin with. Also, if you have an Android phone connected to your wi-fi, it's going to break. It took me months to figure out that Android on the same radio as Windows10 breaks things. You may wish to try setting DTIM to 2 on the Wireless Advanced page and see if that fixes it.
SoyRA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 23:59    Post subject: Re: New Build 40352: BS 07-16-2019-r40352 Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
The E900 is a single-radio wireless-N router, correct?

- If you mean 2.4 GHz only (and not 2.4 and 5 like my CM), yes. :P
- Yes, a Wireless-N router.

kernel-panic69 wrote:
vlans should be 2 for WAN, 1 for LAN, if I am not mistaken. The initial configs on the VLANS/Switchconfig page are wrong to begin with.

Assuming you're right, should I've it like this?

kernel-panic69 wrote:
Also, if you have an Android phone connected to your wi-fi, it's going to break. It took me months to figure out that Android on the same radio as Windows10 breaks things. You may wish to try setting DTIM to 2 on the Wireless Advanced page and see if that fixes it.

- Yeah, all the cell with Android and the PC/Netbook with Windows 10.
* And my brother also has problems with his Nintendo Switch and Splatoon 2.

I'll investigate the Switch Config later, although I've applied it as well as the DTIM. :P
* I'll say the results later.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 0:13    Post subject: Re: New Build 40352: BS 07-16-2019-r40352 Reply with quote
SoyRA wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
vlans should be 2 for WAN, 1 for LAN, if I am not mistaken. The initial configs on the VLANS/Switchconfig page are wrong to begin with.

Assuming you're right, should I've it like this?

Correct. But why you don't have all ethernet ports configured, I don't know, and not entirely sure that may cause issues.

SoyRA wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Also, if you have an Android phone connected to your wi-fi, it's going to break. It took me months to figure out that Android on the same radio as Windows10 breaks things. You may wish to try setting DTIM to 2 on the Wireless Advanced page and see if that fixes it.

- Yeah, all the cell with Android and the PC/Netbook with Windows 10.
* And my brother also has problems with his Nintendo Switch and Splatoon 2.

The last part of that is probably related to MULTICAST. Seems to be a constant issue. and not quite sure MULTICAST to UNICAST fixes it or if leaving that disabled fixes it.

SoyRA wrote:

I'll investigate the Switch Config later, although I've applied it as well as the DTIM. Razz
* I'll say the results later.

I'm curious to know the results, good luck.
SoyRA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 15:38    Post subject: Re: New Build 40352: BS 07-16-2019-r40352 Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Correct. But why you don't have all ethernet ports configured, I don't know, and not entirely sure that may cause issues.

- I guess the habit...because if they're not in use, they wouldn't affect anything.

kernel-panic69 wrote:
The last part of that is probably related to MULTICAST. Seems to be a constant issue. and not quite sure MULTICAST to UNICAST fixes it or if leaving that disabled fixes it.

Well, until my brother comes back to play, I won't know if editing that'll help or not.

- I set everything in Switch Config, even though the values don't seem to be saved (as I said in the first comment).
- I tested Beacon Interval on 100 and 50, and on both values editing DTIM Interval between 1 and 4...and in both cases, activating/deactivating Multicast To Unicast.
* In some values, Wi-Fi disconnected everyone and you couldn't connect...but the network appeared.

I think he stayed all night with Beacon 25 and DTIM 1 because I lost Wi-Fi and didn't want to go to the PC and blablabla...then at 06:00 it restarted (because I put it that way) and it seems that only my cell came back.

Now I put it with 100 and 1, I even restarted the Router (waiting 2 minutes) and well...there's no Wi-Fi for anyone. ;-;
- RX: 0 OK, no error.
- TX: 0 OK, no error.
* Before I had thousands, almost millions, in OK and 0 errors in both. but the problem I was telling you, was present.

I don't know if Wi-Fi died at the software or hardware level...I don't know if I should try to go to the new firmware that came out yesterday/today or what.
Uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;-;!

---- EDIT 1 ----

Making a Hard Reset (30/30/30) has solved the Wi-Fi, now to see if the problem is still even configure everything (but not so extreme). :P

---- EDIT 2 ----

Well, I surrender...
I don't know what else to do, don't touch anything: it doesn't help. Touching what is right and necessary: it doesn't help. Touching practically everything: it doesn't help. I'm thinking of going back to the Stock firmware and verifying...but I'll never know if it's Router or the environment.

If you know how to do NAT Loopback on Windows 10, I'd appreciate it. I just need my PC with that I can see and connect to my own External IPv4...[/i]

Last edited by SoyRA on Sun Jul 21, 2019 17:26; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: