WRT1900AC V2 - how to switch to DDWRT partition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
marklyn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:42    Post subject: WRT1900AC V2 - how to switch to DDWRT partition Reply with quote
I've been scouring the forum for 3 hours trying to find this answer. Obviously, I'm not looking in the right place or using the right search terms.
I followed the instructions to install DDWRT on my router and do get a "successfully installed" message the end. But when the router reboots it's right back at the Linksys GUI,not DDWRT. Any forum threads I've seen so far didn't help me figure out how to switch to the other partition, presumabley where DDWRT installed to.
I've tried turning off/on the router 3 times, like one thread said to boot to the other partition, no luck.
Tried putty to get in to use the set command but putty won't connect.
Help please.
If it helps someone, I've attached a sysinfo.cfg that I managed to extract from the router. Is there some place in there that tells me that DDWRT is actually installed on the other partition?
Sponsor
marklyn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Late last night I was able to get it installed. I'm not sure why it worked, honestly my eyes were half closed but what I recall is that I reset the router back to factory, loaded KONG's bin, rebooted and loaded r40134 (which I read is a stable version).
I think I tried loading DDWRT images at least 30 different ways, but however subtlety different this way was made the difference. If I wasn't so tired I might have remembered the difference. Regardless, it works and I'll take it.
marklyn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
actually before the KONG build, I did try an older ddwrt from Jan 2018 I believe because it was 30k and that didn't work. I had tried the KONG build before without success so I think it had something to do with actually loading the DDWRT from a clean factory reset instead of configuring the router first (after reset) and trying to load it then. Not sure, it was late and I'd tried so many things.
asferruzzi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same problem with same modem, I tried the 37305 build and success. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: