New Build 7-09-2019-r40260

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
PIZZEDMEOFF wrote:

i know some of you keep the other partition with the stock firmware so i know this could be a problem for you guys.

If My memory serves, the stock firmware was a version that you had to open an online account for to manage somehow? Isn't that (IMHO) a serious security hole? Just curious why folks want to keep that?
Sponsor
sonoranscout
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have both WRT32X and WRT3200ACM routers. While you can create an online account to manage your router settings, you don't have to. Keeping one partition on stock firmware makes it much easier to recover from a bad flash, or to change between DD-WRT and OpenWrt.
d0ug
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
sonoranscout wrote:
I have both WRT32X and WRT3200ACM routers. While you can create an online account to manage your router settings, you don't have to. Keeping one partition on stock firmware makes it much easier to recover from a bad flash, or to change between DD-WRT and OpenWrt.

You can recover from a bad flash with dd-rwt on both partitions just as easily if not more easily as you can leaving linksys on one of the partitions.

If your flash goes bad with dd-wrt on both it will either automatically boot to the working partition as we are seeing with this oversized firmware, or you can force it to boot to the working partition with the triple power cycle method.

As for the ease of swapping between dd-wrt and openwrt, i am not sure. I just run dd-wrt.
shahabkhan99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
go to Administrator>Command (past this)

ubootenv set boot_part 2

DO NOT REBOOT and flash new WEBFLASH 40260 from Firmware Upgarad - DO NOT RESET...

restart Successful Flash to r40260 done.
working fine so far on my WRT1900ACS V2
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: