New Build 40189: BS 07-04-2019-r40189

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Roger W
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Asus RT-AC68U
File: asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx
Kernel: 4.4
Mode: Router

Recent builds have been back and forth for this router. 40167 from a week before was ok, but my wifi devices were having weird semi-isolation problems from some of the others. Didn't quite pin it down. In the end I rolled back to 40048 which seems fine.
Sponsor
parco
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Added #6 under "Issues" in the OP as it appears UDP forwarding is broken with SFE enabled, note taken from most recent <Kong> test build thread. I confirmed this with this build that it is still broken.

Same here for my Linksys EA2700 as well. Every time I resolve a new DNS query, which caches not found in the router and Dnsmasq have to forward the query (port 53 UDP should be) to the upstream DNS servers provided by my ISP, or every time any of my devices or PCs query and check about the time through an NTP server outside (port 123 UDP should be), the buffer queues or the engine inside my router crashes.

Sometimes even just typing something in Facebook or Whatsapp app, in case which would send out a status message like "Parco is typing now...", then trying to load some other things, all multimedia contents like video streaming, photo images or even massive text/html contents crash. Those contents were blank, hang or even disconnected (connection auto canceled with errors) for at least over a minute, and so I have to refresh or reconnect a few or even a couple of ten times. Enlarging or reducing tx queue lengths or TCP buffers never helps anything (I even cannot change the tx queue length of eth0 and vlan2 by webGUI).

P.S. My official stock firmware provide by Cisco gave me both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz AP, I have no ideas about why DD-WRT just gives me 2.4GHz AP only, when DD-WRT is giving both 2.4 and 5 to similar Linksys routers which even run the same Broadcom CPU as mine.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
parco wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Added #6 under "Issues" in the OP as it appears UDP forwarding is broken with SFE enabled, note taken from most recent <Kong> test build thread. I confirmed this with this build that it is still broken.

Same here for my Linksys EA2700 as well. Every time I resolve a new DNS query, which caches not found in the router and Dnsmasq have to forward the query (port 53 UDP should be) to the upstream DNS servers provided by my ISP, or every time any of my devices or PCs query and check about the time through an NTP server outside (port 123 UDP should be), the buffer queues or the engine inside my router crashes.

Sometimes even just typing something in Facebook or Whatsapp app, in case which would send out a status message like "Parco is typing now...", then trying to load some other things, all multimedia contents like video streaming, photo images or even massive text/html contents crash. Those contents were blank, hang or even disconnected (connection auto canceled with errors) for at least over a minute, and so I have to refresh or reconnect a few or even a couple of ten times. Enlarging or reducing tx queue lengths or TCP buffers never helps anything (I even cannot change the tx queue length of eth0 and vlan2 by webGUI).

P.S. My official stock firmware provide by Cisco gave me both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz AP, I have no ideas about why DD-WRT just gives me 2.4GHz AP only, when DD-WRT is giving both 2.4 and 5 to similar Linksys routers which even run the same Broadcom CPU as mine.

I'm currently testing default settings for txqueuelen on eth* interfaces (1000). It seems either some of the kernel patches or SFE patches may have conflicted and could've contributed to ongoing issues Shocked Rolling Eyes

The EA2700's 5GHz radio is USB bus, and no devices with USB bus radios have working 5GHz. E2500 is in the same boat. Looks as if wikidevi is incorrect on CPU model, though: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=153481
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Looks as if wikidevi is incorrect on CPU model, though
EA2700 boot log wrote:
CPU: BCM5357 rev 2 at 480 MHz

Looks can be deceiving, esp w/ BCM SoC/CPU/radio nomenclature... Razz

LOM wrote:
Orbiting234 wrote:
I think that log info is erroneous. Was going to get one of these today and looked over the pics submitted to the FCC (instead of coming here first lol) and that clearly shows a BCM47186B0 processor and not the BCM5357. Could be that both share a lot and are merely identified the same. Who knows.

BCM47186 is a chip package type of the BCM5357 chip id.

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
parco
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
parco wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

I'm currently testing default settings for txqueuelen on eth* interfaces (1000). It seems either some of the kernel patches or SFE patches may have conflicted and could've contributed to ongoing issues Shocked Rolling Eyes

The EA2700's 5GHz radio is USB bus, and no devices with USB bus radios have working 5GHz. E2500 is in the same boat. Looks as if wikidevi is incorrect on CPU model, though: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=153481

no devices with USB bus radios have working 5GHz......? Shocked Rolling Eyes
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
jwh7 wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
EA2700 boot log wrote:

LOM wrote:
Orbiting234 wrote:
I think that log info is erroneous. Was going to get one of these today and looked over the pics submitted to the FCC (instead of coming here first lol) and that clearly shows a BCM47186B0 processor and not the BCM5357. Could be that both share a lot and are merely identified the same. Who knows.

My guess is it's the OEM firmware code, since it's got a USB 5GHz band radio. I don't have my E2500v3 serial log and such handy Wink

parco wrote:

That is correct. BS couldn't make the drivers work. I'd have to even look to see if the EA2700 is even detected by FreshTomato.
parco
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
jwh7 wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
EA2700 boot log wrote:

LOM wrote:
Orbiting234 wrote:

My guess is it's the OEM firmware code, since it's got a USB 5GHz band radio. I don't have my E2500v3 serial log and such handy Wink

parco wrote:

That is correct. BS couldn't make the drivers work. I'd have to even look to see if the EA2700 is even detected by FreshTomato.

Then I wonder how Cisco provide me the 5GHz bands in their original official stock firmware...... Confused

P.S. mine is running dd-wrt-xxxxx-ea2700.trx such type trail firmware and Linux kernel 3.10.108-d8
taggg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Roger W wrote:
Router/Version: Asus RT-AC68U
File: asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx
Kernel: 4.4
Mode: Router

Recent builds have been back and forth for this router. 40167 from a week before was ok, but my wifi devices were having weird semi-isolation problems from some of the others. Didn't quite pin it down. In the end I rolled back to 40048 which seems fine.

Same. Opened a ticket: https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6743

Cc: jwbraun
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: