Linksys WRT1900acsv2 dd-wrt UI borked. How to restore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
SirDeath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 16:52    Post subject: Linksys WRT1900acsv2 dd-wrt UI borked. How to restore? Reply with quote
I ran the dd-wrt 40167 update and ended up totally borking my UI. I did the 30/30/30 reset and basically locked myself out. I managed to get back in using lynx and have even managed to get telnet back. So now I can telnet in, but the web UI is basically useless (buttons don't seem to work or aren't there) and I cannot seem "Apply" another firmware (it doesn't seem to take) even if I navigate to the field blind. I've tried via tftp to run an upgrade at boot but after several dozen tries, I can't get it to grab the firmware via tftp. Via tftp, I've tried both dd-wrt and stock. And both versions of dd-wrt (stock->ddwrt and dd-wrt webflash). I'm out of good and even bad ideas as to where to go next to put a working flash on it. Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks for your help everyone.
Sponsor
SirDeath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
To answer my own question:
The flipping the switch thing didn't work because my power led is INOP Sad Hard to follow the cookbook when you don't have one of the ingredients. Eventually with enough guessing I got it to boot to alternate.
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
See new-build thread https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320341 for that release. The GUI is borked for many people, and the release is marked (subject line) DO NOT USE.

I haven't tried it (I'm still happy on 39144), but the new build thread for 40134 makes that release look promising.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: