Netgear R8000P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
IamDaveG wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
To get support, they'll need serial output and some other info, anyway.... might as well set it up for serial recovery so you can get the serial console output....

Thanks, buddy. Did find a video on Youtube about opening the unit, and also some of the CFE source codes in Asus Merlin's repository, which could be a good reference.

No worries. Of course, ideally, the best option is to donate a device to the developers directly to let them break it, er, figure out how to add support with the understanding that it won't be returned.
Sponsor
h3nk3t
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone heard anything about progress of any upcoming DD-WRT build for this router?. The router is getting "old/older" for everyday and nothing actually points to some kind of progress here in this forum !.

Next router is going to be a well supported top notch Asus router with good Merlin support. I believe that is the right way to go in the year of 2018.

Just wish that I would have done my homework before spending 280 $ on this forgotten piece of hardware

But what a heck. It's just coins and paper after all Smile
h3nk3t
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
So bought myself a Asus AC-RT86U. My life is so much easier now. Everything works as I expected.100%. And development is truly fantastic.With Merlins custom firmware.

So my tip to all Netgear consumers of this router is these words: "Sell Netgear and buy Asus".

Plain and simple !!!

Sun will smile upon your face again

MonarchX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this effort now dead?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
MonarchX wrote:
Is this effort now dead?

Only BS had this router, netgear did not send me one. BS accidentally broke his unit, he told me that most things were already working in the port.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really hope for a release, this official firmware is the worst thing i've ever seen in my entire life

I pray for an alternative Rolling Eyes
LookedPath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
elgregoo wrote:
I really hope for a release, this official firmware is the worst thing i've ever seen in my entire life

I pray for an alternative Rolling Eyes

Same for me, the stock firmware is the worst one that I've ever seen, really unstable and the performance is not constant. A DD-WRT port would save this router since the harware is not that bad.
Tama83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Me too! I hope it will be a ddwrt port for this router... with the stock firmware is just an useless brick on my desk... Sad
COtto1984
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also still holding out hope. Mine isn’t even coming out of the box again until there is a port available.
MonarchX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the actual hardware of this router decent in comparison to hardware on routers that easily support DD-WRT, like ASUS routers?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Y'know, if someone were skilled enough to fix all of the ongoing Foxconn firmware code blunders, the stock firmware wouldn't be so bad.
apextv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:57    Post subject: r8000p issues. Reply with quote
I'm a noob when it comes to this level of modding routers (never used a serial connection on routers, just on modem mods)

I have a client that is 40 days since purchase of this r8000p model and is having so many issues with the firmware. The people over at ng are no help as they just want to push the same model even after showing them threads on their own community board with problems with all versions they've released.

I'd love to get some help with getting dd-wrt or one of the tomato versions on it as I know they work so much better. I've tried some of the things here on the forum for getting it on but it doesn't work. I've tried enabling telnet, no luck there either.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 13:14    Post subject: Re: r8000p issues. Reply with quote
apextv wrote:
I'm a noob when it comes to this level of modding routers (never used a serial connection on routers, just on modem mods)

I have a client that is 40 days since purchase of this r8000p model and is having so many issues with the firmware. The people over at ng are no help as they just want to push the same model even after showing them threads on their own community board with problems with all versions they've released.

I'd love to get some help with getting dd-wrt or one of the tomato versions on it as I know they work so much better. I've tried some of the things here on the forum for getting it on but it doesn't work. I've tried enabling telnet, no luck there either.

It’s not supported, quit trying before you brick it since you don’t know how to recover it using serial.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sad that DDWRT is not supported for R8000P. The stock firmware is absolute crap. I can't deal with all the disconnects anymore.
h3nk3t
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any rumors that give life back to this old router bastard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: