WNR3500L v2 backup config problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
thommy181
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:56    Post subject: WNR3500L v2 backup config problem Reply with quote
I have DD-WRT build r40065 and there is a problem with configuration backup (bin) file. This file haven't information about cloned MAC adress configuration and after restore configuration from file We have standard MAC from device instead this typed by user.
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 14:48    Post subject: Re: WNR3500L v2 backup config problem Reply with quote
thommy181 wrote:
I have DD-WRT build r40065 and there is a problem with configuration backup (bin) file. This file haven't information about cloned MAC adress configuration and after restore configuration from file We have standard MAC from device instead this typed by user.

I use clone WAN MAC via the webif because my ISP holds static IP for me locked to that MAC. The MAC is actually from an old WRT54GS from years ago.
I use same WAN MAC on many different routers depending which I have in as main gateway.

A dd-wrt nvrambak.bin has never ever included the cloned MAC when you do a restore.
Tomato firmware does include the clone WAN MAC but with tomato you also CANNOT use a restore backup from one router to a different router of the exact same make/model/firmware Twisted Evil
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
@mrjcd, thanks for that. Not sure if anything has been fixed in regards to the nvram backup/restore on FreshTomato for this, but they pretty much don't recommend doing a restore. Just like it's not always recommended to do it with DD-WRT, because of bad voodoo or whatever Rolling Eyes
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
yea KP, I only have nvram.bak on builds that I know have been very good for me.
I have never had a problem using one ....sometimes I have forgot to do the WAN MAC clone on the main after doing restore and sitting there wondering WTH happened to the webserver when it finally dawns on me Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: