Experimental Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bkaskar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 21:49    Post subject: Experimental Build Reply with quote
I've been a novice DDWRT user for a very long time now. Not a network person either.
But I can follow instructions and directions - until they become very lengthy or confusing.
Due to a recent change, I'm back on using my own devices. So decided to use the few ASUS routers that I accumulated over a period of time. Initially I went with Merlin by default but then came a need of multiple VLANs.. and I'm back to DD-WRT. Now want to keep them all in the same version of DD-WRT. In the meanwhile I also got a AC5300 and I've been trying diffent builds. When I look at BS's 2019 repository, under beta builds of RT-AC5300 there is a directory *experimental driver*.

Then when I go to "New build thread" for Broadcom based SoC, I read *experimental builds* and people reporting with hardware numbers that don't even have the Experimental driver directory in it.

I would really appreciate if someone can clarify:
Quote:
What is the difference when someone says/asks about an experimental build?

If by that folks mean beta, then why not just call those beta? or are they calling for the build under the experimental_driver directory?
e.g. RT-AC5300 has a directory called *experimental_driver*; however from the same build rivision set r40065 RT-AC68U doesn't contain the directory.

Also,
* Is this the right board to start reading posts, if I am to look for compiling my own builds?
* Do I need some special drivers Which USB-2-Serial TTL for serial communication? as I don't want to rip open these, as I would 10-12 yrs ago with 54GS..

Thank you in advance for clarifying the doubt.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: