Setting up a DIR-869 - I cant connect to the internet :-(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
BigOmni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 14:31    Post subject: Setting up a DIR-869 - I cant connect to the internet :-( Reply with quote
Hi All,

New here and new to DD-WRT. If I may give some background to my problem, someone may hopefully be able to assist me in getting onto the internet.

A few Hardware and Broadband facts first.

Broadband Fibre Provider: Vodafone - PPPoE
Fibre Modem: Netgear DM200
Router: D-Link DIR-869

Why I changed to DD-WRT: My mate has been having issues with his crappy Vodafone Modem/Router and went out and bought the above equipment. Being a mate I thought I would help him set it up....

I set it all up and had the DM200 working as a Modem/Router. This worked fine (Once Vodafone had FINALLY told us the case of the password letters).

So I moved onto the next part of setting up the DIR-869 (With Stock Firmware) where I found to my total surprise I was completely unable to set a vlanid in the very redacted and pointless stock firmware.

So, I thought sod it, I have always wanted to try DD-WRT (this router is supported). So I flashed the DIR-869 to DD-WRT using version (v3 beta I believe) and was greeted by a rather large and overwhelming set of options (the total reverse of the dumb stock firmware).

I also set the DM200 to modem only and allowed vlan pass through so the router can deal with everything.

Anyway, I have gone as far as I can and cant get the DIR-869 to connect to the internet through the DM-200 via PPPoE.I have also cloned the Vodafone router mac as Vodafone are gits for this too.

So, my question is does anyone know the Vodafone settings I need? Also, do I need to bind the DIR-869 to the DM200 somewhere or do some sort of routing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated Smile

Thank you!
Sponsor
BigOmni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Am I on the right lines?
BigOmni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
For some reason the pic I added is gone Sad

Seems no-one can help Sad I will have to try OpenWRT. Maybe I can get that going.

Cheers anyway folks 👍
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
BigOmni wrote:
For some reason the pic I added is gone Sad

Seems no-one can help Sad I will have to try OpenWRT. Maybe I can get that going.

Cheers anyway folks 👍

NO ... your picture is still there but it should be resized way smaller because it screws up most folks normal reading of forum posts.

NOTE: You must be logged in to see attachments Wink

sorry I can't help with your problem ... Know nothing about ISPs on that side of the world
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: