R7000 memory leak on every build - 5ghz related

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
swhetsel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 0:41    Post subject: R7000 memory leak on every build - 5ghz related Reply with quote
So this has been an issue for a long time for me (over a year), but since I have a UPS and a work around in place I rarely have to deal with it. However... I would love some help on why it happens.

Basically when the router reboots, my "used memory" will increment up by a percent or two until I can no longer log into the web interface and eventually the entire router stops working. This happens within 10-15min of a reboot so it increments quickly.

The work around I have figure out is: reboot the router, log into the web GUI, and disable the 5ghz radio. The router immediately stops the increment of "used memory" and sits back down nicely @ 15-17%. I can then re-enable the 5ghz radio and all is good.

I have had this issue on both Kong and Brainslayer builds on every build I have tried. I can only assume that this is a feature or setting I have turned on that causes the memory leak on boot up, but then not during normal usage.

Any help would be appreciated, as it always seems to be when I am not home and the family needs WiFi that a reboot happens, needing the work around to be implemented by my lovely but not-so-technical wife.

I am happy to upload anything needed, but you may need to treat me like the DD-WRT novice I am and link me to instructions to produce said log.

(RE-POSTED IN CORRECT FORUM)

Last edited by swhetsel on Tue Aug 06, 2019 20:29; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please post in the Broadcom forum for this Broadcom unit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: