About the DMZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Kucaracha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 21:27    Post subject: About the DMZ Reply with quote
I just got a new server computer to host some games and my old one i have my webdatabase and teamspeak3 activate but how to run my game server on my other server pc when is only one dmz ,help plz
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use of the DMZ is only practical to the extent you only need one port forward. Once you need two or more, you need to do traditional port forwarding. Or else have the DMZ point to the WAN ip of a secondary router, behind which are the targets of your port forwarding, and do the port forwarding on that secondary router.

Frankly, using the DMZ comes w/ some hazards. It assumes the target is using a very good firewall, and is able to filter out all the remote access attempts that you DON'T want. Remember, the DMZ allows the primary router to send *all* traffic that would otherwise be blocked, to the IP in the DMZ. Traditional port forwarding has the advantage of limiting remote access to *only* those ports you specifically authorize.

NEW SCRIPT!: ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh
NEW SCRIPT!: ddwrt-pptp-policy-based-routing.sh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: