TG589vn V3 revive and unbrick (No Ethernet link!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
zogpy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 16:04    Post subject: TG589vn V3 revive and unbrick (No Ethernet link!) Reply with quote
Hi everyone

A friend of mine, gave me a TG589vn V3 router, that wasn't powering up (All LEDs are off) I have tried a lot of things before deciding to open it up and check the PCB, to my knowledge I have checked different voltages on different parts they seem to be Ok, it has 5v, 3.25v, 1.5v, 1.2v 7.8v going to different components, SOC, RAM, NAND and etc. I soldered a serial interface and there were nothing there no output! after sometime when I was about to give up, I noticed that when I apply pressure to the SOC (BCM63168) the power LED came on, so I did a SOC reflow for a couple of times and now it is powering up and I have attached the serial output, it fails to find valid software, and board keeps resetting and finally enters BOOT-P mode so I'm interested about this part:
Entering BOOT-P mode (reason: SWSTART_FAIL )as it's not followed up by Ethernet link up
and whenever I try to flash the router firmware through TFTP I notice that none of the Ethernet ports on the back of the router lights up, I have checked the cable, tried different ones, cross and straight but my network adapter reports cable unplugged, is it still a hardware malfunction or related to current boot loader ?! is there any other way to flash the firmware ?! any help would be highly appreciated.

TG589vnV3.txt
 Description:
Serial Log

Download
 Filename:  TG589vnV3.txt
 Filesize:  42.01 KB
 Downloaded:  350 Time(s)

Sponsor
zogpy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 16:50    Post subject: Problem solved thanks Reply with quote
Problem solved thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: