YAMon Time is 7 Hours Ahead of Router

balpaugh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 19:32    Post subject: YAMon Time is 7 Hours Ahead of Router Reply with quote
My DD-WRT router had the incorrect time, once i noticed it i updated it to the correct time however YAMon continues to display the incorrect time. Is there a way for YAMon to use, or force the correct time?

Thank you,
balpaugh
Sponsor
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should post these questions in the YAMon3 thread.

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 15:41    Post subject: Re: YAMon Time is 7 Hours Ahead of Router Reply with quote
balpaugh wrote:
My DD-WRT router had the incorrect time, once i noticed it i updated it to the correct time however YAMon continues to display the incorrect time. Is there a way for YAMon to use, or force the correct time?

Thank you,
balpaugh

YAMon does not keep track of time itself... it makes calls to the OS via the `date` function.

If you change the time on the router, YAMon is not smart enough to go back into the data files and update values it has already calculated - e.g., if your router was set 7 hrs ahead, at 8AM real time, your router would think it was 3PM and YAMon would create data entries with hour=15. If you then correct the clock, those entries will still exist (and will be incremented when you actually do get to 3PM).
Things will be correct in the next daily file.

Sorry!

Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: