New Build 06-16-2019-r40048

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
But instead we are updating kernels to 4.14 this week, and next week will be 5.1 Wink
Sponsor
Prsa01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Justanotherbrokenrouter wrote:
I'm just thankful a new build hasn't dropped in a couple of days, so let's all rest now. Maybe thay have finally decided to start testing builds before releasing. My personal opinion would be to test speeds after options are enabled with slower networks, and faster networks optimizing those issues first while keeping speed test in check while optimizing firmware functionality further.

There is no "they" a single guy brainslayer, creates the builds that are used on the hundreds of different routers supported by the software. The vast majority of which he does not have to test with. There are no mods or anyone else testing. The reason they are beta builds is that all of us are the testers for each of our different devices. We report issues back for resolution.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no "they" a single guy brainslayer, creates the builds that are used on the hundreds of different routers supported by the software. The vast majority of which he does not have to test with. There are no mods or anyone else testing. The reason they are beta builds is that all of us are the testers for each of our different devices. We report issues back for resolution.[/quote]

Every single beta tester should be reporting something wrong instead of just (all is working as intended, or all is working without issues). I agree with most of your comment. Every new beta build I have tested has issues, but with some good, and bad improvements. Thanks BS for your work.
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no "they" a single guy brainslayer, creates the builds that are used on the hundreds of different routers supported by the software. The vast majority of which he does not have to test with. There are no mods or anyone else testing. The reason they are beta builds is that all of us are the testers for each of our different devices. We report issues back for resolution.

Every single beta tester should be reporting something wrong instead of just (all is working as intended, or all is working without issues). I agree with most of your comment. Every new beta build I have tested has issues, but with some good, and bad improvements. Thanks BS for your work.[/quote]

Your wrong its "they", and not just one. It's you, me, others. Track the Bugtracker, and see for your self, and while your there create a helpful account.
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every single beta tester should be reporting something wrong instead of just (all is working as intended, or all is working without issues). I agree with most of your comment. Every new beta build I have tested has issues, but with some good, and bad improvements. Thanks BS for your work.

Your wrong its "they", and not just one. It's you, me, others. Track the Bugtracker, and see for your self, and while your there create a helpful account.

DD-WRT is not the only 3rd party firmware in town. If you don't like it here, then I suggest you try one of the alternatives.

Continually slagging off the builds is not going to gain you many friends here Wink

Firmware: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2021/
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 13:13    Post subject: Brevity Reply with quote
I respect constructive criticism Wink

Less is more.
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Without going in to useless detail, I find the positive/negative release posts to be equally valuable. I would like to see even more of both in the future.
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yemble wrote:

DD-WRT is not the only 3rd party firmware in town. If you don't like it here, then I suggest you try one of the alternatives.

Continually slagging off the builds is not going to gain you many friends here Wink

Yemble
DD-WRT #Guru

Im not continually slagging off the builds. I am currently on r37305 running NordVPN UDP 140Mbps/12Mbps out of 200/10Mbps ISP service. Yemble watch this! Thanks Linksys, and Brainslayer for you hard work. DD-WRT v3.0 [Beta] Build; r36247, r37305, or r37582 with other issues, but is a clean VPN (SPEED) build. No wifi Errors, low bufferbloat, and low packet loss, but only if you toy with the builds a little. The builds where at there best around r36247 if your looking for stability, or more speed past your VPN. Wait! Yemble! I SEE YOUR ON BUILD r40009! Yo! what happened? r40048 was trash right????
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yemble wrote:

Yemble
DD-WRT #Guru

Im not continually slagging off the builds. I am currently on r37305 running NordVPN UDP 140Mbps/12Mbps out of 200/10Mbps ISP service. Yemble watch this! Thanks Linksys, and Brainslayer for you hard work. DD-WRT v3.0 [Beta] Build; r36247, r37305, or r37582 with other issues, but is a clean VPN (SPEED) build. No wifi Errors, low bufferbloat, and low packet loss, but only if you toy with the builds a little. The builds where at there best around r36247 if your looking for stability, or more speed past your VPN. Wait! Yemble! I SEE YOUR ON BUILD r40009! Yo! what happened? r40048 was trash right????

Yemble! We are the "general public" beta testers on this site really right? Most of the home user are not going to be running Comcast 1Gbps/35Mbps at home? So I feel im helping a little more than your constructive criticism.

Web Flashed W/Chrome.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
DD-WRT v3.0 [Beta] Build; r36247, r37305, or r37582 with other issues, but is a clean VPN (SPEED) build
ath0-5GHz AC/N-Mixed Wide HT40 (40MHz), ath1-2.4GHz NG-mixed Full (20MHz), ath2 2.4/5GHz All Disabled
NordVPN DNS 1, DNS 2
NordVPN Client
NordVPN UDP 140Mbps/12Mbps out of 200/10Mbps ISP service.

r37305
AC/N Mixed
Wide HT40 (40 MHz)
124 - 5620 MHz, or
140 - 5700 MHz
Upper

NG-Mixed
Full (20 MHz)
10 - 2457 MHz

Issues; Normal reboot time. All functions working properly for use with VPN's

(DD-WRT v3.0 [Beta] Build; r36247, 37305), or r37582 Linksys-WRT3200ACM is the fastest builds.

After Open VPN is enabled with UDP protocol speeds with these builds are around 140Mbps down/11-12Mbps up. DD-WRT v3.0 [Beta] Build; 36247, DD-WRT v3.0 [Beta] Build; 37305, or 11-03-2018-r37582 has the fastest internet, but with WiFi error issues at times for all builds newer, or old. The errors start usually after running several speed test back to back, device is further than 15-20', or when (RX) is high. 11-17-2018-r37736 Linksys-WRT3200ACM was the first build to have its Wireless Security options changed. This is when more WPA Algorithms options where added, and speeds went down hill from there. If you have very fast internet then you probably will have no worries installing the newest Beta Builds. Those of us that only can run 200Mbps down, and 10Mbps up, or lower are the ones that suffer. 75-85Mbps, while upload is around 10Mbps after UDP OpenVPN is enabled with newer builds . Still WiFi errors with all new builds especially with Note 8 (Only improving error count in new builds). ISP router IP is still showing up in active clients (IP Address eth0), and this started with build r37582. Unable to keep DNS 3 at default 0.0.0.0 with all builds. DNS 3 should have the ability to default to 0.0.0.0, or be disabled. Would just like to see the speeds of old builds in the new builds so that me, and others could stay with the newest, and greatest that have slower internet. Erase nvram works, but doesn't return flash erased message back in telnet with builds past r37932. Well maybe it works.
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yemble we are beta testers now, but one day it will come out of beta then we will have to buy this firmware. Thanks but im not looking for love Wink
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yemble we are beta testers now, but one day it will come out of beta then we will have to buy this firmware. Thanks but im not looking for love Wink

So the value of our opinions are directly correlated to our download speeds?

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others!
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
ttowling wrote:

ttowling I just said im not looking for love here. I think farmersonly.com would be more useful for you than the DD-WRT forum. Don't you agree?
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
ttowling wrote:

ttowling I just said im not looking for love here. I think farmersonly.com would be more useful for you than the DD-WRT forum. Don't you agree?

Can I submit a ticket on your personality disorder?

This is the Internet equivalent of you smearing your shit up the wall.
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
ttowling wrote:
ttowling wrote:

Can I submit a ticket on your personality disorder?

This is the Internet equivalent of you smearing your shit up the wall.

It took you over an hour, half to type that message!
Haha! I've already been to the store, and back in the the time you typed that message, and marinated 5 ribeye steaks for an hour. Your! I'm going to leave this forum for the day with a smile;) because you have humored me more than you know with your negative social media comment personality.
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a forum for discussion of DD-WRT beta firmware builds, helpful settings for others, fixes to current problems, and etc. I'm almost positive I've posted more helpful comments pertaining to DD-WRT than you have. Go play on Facebook awhile.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: