Buffalo WZR-1750DHP Issues - Best Firmware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ant_thomas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 23:58    Post subject: Buffalo WZR-1750DHP Issues - Best Firmware? Reply with quote
I've had a Buffalo WZR-1750DHP running for a few years running various versions of dd-wrt.

Connection is 400mbit Virgin Media in the UK - SuperHub in Modem Mode.

Over the last 12 months any upgrades to newer firmwares usually causes the router to crash after around 20 mins. I previously hadn't don't a proper factory reset/wipe/erase and upgraded without erasing - bad idea I know.

I found that firmware kong 36070M was the last one I could find in a download folder that was stable(ish). Until today where the router has been a nightmare and I eventually gave in and did a full factory reset after "saving" all my important settings (literally saved the settings pages as HTML pages).

Service - mac addresses to IPs (around 35)
Port forwards - (around 20)
WiFi - same SSID for 2.4 and 5, plus an extra virtual 2.4 AP.
WiFi security

Since then I have tried the main version on the download page (37305) and copied my settings across (not an nvram restore - effectively manually typed it all in) - that crashed after about 20-30 mins.
No SSH, no internet, no webui, could ping the router for a while, then that went down.
Tried Kong 8th June Test - same result.

Currently running BS 40048 and I'm at 23 mins.... I'll report back if that dies.

I don't believe any of my settings would cause these crashes. They're nothing special or exotic.

I did find since trying to upgrade my speeds are now much better, I couldn't hit the 400mbit, I can now. But that's no use if the router dies after 20-30 mins!

Any ideas why this may be happening?
Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have any logs?

Mine run fine... there was something a while ago that would cause the router to crash after a week of uptime for me, but that was fixed, now I have yet to hit that crash.

I may not use mine the same way you do, so maybe you hit something that I have not.
ant_thomas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
No logs unfortunately.

I do have some good news, the wipe and use of BS 40048 has totally changed things and I'm now very happy with performance and stability.

Uptime is now pushing 3 days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: