TP-Link WR941nd v3.6 boot loop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
tomasen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 20:14    Post subject: TP-Link WR941nd v3.6 boot loop Reply with quote
Today i tried to install
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/10-16-2018-r37405/tplink_tl-wr941ndv3/
to tplink wr941nd v3.6 i loaded the firmware to ddwrt file and it wrote upgrade succesfully installed and restarted, since then its stuck in reboot loop.

I tried to do tftp recovery by many tutorials, but problem seems that i cant get any response from the router even though the leds after go like this :

all lights on
pwr light on, after second interface led to which im connected start flashing for 2 sec then whole process repeats.

I cant sniff any packets from the router in wireshark. I tried every ip which to router ever had.

I also tried doing 30/30/30 which of course didnt change anything.

What happens doesnt change even when i hold the restart key before and while powering up or pressing only other button on the router "QSS" or both combined.¨
I only tried to hold the second button after i already tried every option while holding reset key.

Is my only option serial recovery?

Why would it flash the active interface if it doesnt send or do anything on it
Sponsor
tomasen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
i tried both straight and crossover cable, no difference
vulgovulto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:35    Post subject: Re: TP-Link WR941nd v3.6 boot loop Reply with quote
tomasen wrote:
Today i tried to install
to tplink wr941nd v3.6 i loaded the firmware to ddwrt file and it wrote upgrade succesfully installed and restarted, since then its stuck in reboot loop.

I tried to do tftp recovery by many tutorials, but problem seems that i cant get any response from the router even though the leds after go like this :

all lights on
pwr light on, after second interface led to which im connected start flashing for 2 sec then whole process repeats.

I cant sniff any packets from the router in wireshark. I tried every ip which to router ever had.

What happens doesnt change even when i hold the restart key before and while powering up or pressing only other button on the router "QSS" or both combined.¨
I only tried to hold the second button after i already tried every option while holding reset key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxVP7WGzH_A
Derrils
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I need the "non-boot" version? If yes, I have them from TP-Link website.

I'm kinda hurried now, but tonight I'll do as you said and I'll let you know.

Thanks for your attention
_______
atomic-clock
rcdeoliveira
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 19:14    Post subject: Re: TP-Link WR941nd v3.6 boot loop Reply with quote
tomasen wrote:
Today i tried to install

all lights on

Has anyone recovered a boot loop like this one without the serial recovery? I found in this situation today after upgrade to v3.0 beta build 37305. Also it would be very very very useful to have an announcement talking about this issue in the download page.
rpadula
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
no way to do it without serial.
it looks more complicated than it is, really.
WRunner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any solution to this without serial interface? I try TFTP with my other router WR841 and works fine.
mon224
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 20:42    Post subject: Update? Reply with quote
Derrils wrote:
So I need the "non-boot" version? If yes, I have them from TP-Link website.

I'm kinda hurried now, but tonight I'll do as you said and I'll let you know.

Thanks for your attention
_______
atomic-clock

Good evening,

Do you have any update on this?

Kind regards,

mon224
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: