Broly D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600 thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
casualtester
DD-WRT User


Joined: 13 Dec 2015
Posts: 303

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
SoLoR wrote:
...yes it possible im using it since april and it works...


Thanks SoLoR.
Which release please?
Sponsor
SoLoR
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Jan 2019
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
casualtester wrote:
SoLoR wrote:
...yes it possible im using it since april and it works...


Thanks SoLoR.
Which release please?


I pretty much used every latest release since then... currently im on 39957, didnt try latest version yet...
casualtester
DD-WRT User


Joined: 13 Dec 2015
Posts: 303

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
SoLoR wrote:
... I pretty much used every latest release since then... currently im on 39957, didnt try latest version yet...


Thanks again SoLoR
SoLoR
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Jan 2019
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
DDoubleU wrote:
Hi,

I've got a couple of questions:


Router randomly rebooting have all offical builds before march 27th, after march 27th builds have other issues, like devices cant connect to wireless (however there might be fix for that one, someone mentioned on SVN you need to enable "disable eapol key retries", this i KRACK protection that i personally, never paid any attention to because i always assumed its enabled by default).

Currently you should be using broly version, outside few UI quirks its stable and works

I personally never did any bandwidth tests, because i mostly use wifi for mobile devices/iot and not some file transfers, so for me if it can stream youtube/twitch, its good enough Smile
ashishchandra
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 17 Oct 2018
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone tried Brolys new build ?.
kabi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Apr 2019
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
ashishchandra wrote:
Anyone tried Brolys new build ?.


Yep - checked today:

DD-WRT v4.14-r40189M CRISPIN (07/03/19)

And it actually does work for me.

At least in a way I'll keep it running and observing.

It's the first 4.14 based build for DIR-882 which does have decent WiFi performance.

My standard problem is - USB attached printer is not recognized and does not work.
zrog2000
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 17 Jul 2019
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I got the latest Broly build installed and the wireless performance is great, but the webpage daemon keeps crashing and my internet performance is about 10% of what it should be. Not sure what I'm going to do next.

The standard dd-wrt builds don't work at all for me.
yhsss
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 20 Jul 2019
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same for me, used the latest broly build, httpd keeps crashing, and wl0 doesn't seem to save any settings.

I've gone back to dlink 1.2 fw for now
NotAutistic
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 06 Jul 2019
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:49    Post subject: Latest Broly/Crispin update unstable/constant disconnects Reply with quote
Hello,

I recently updated my Dlink DIR-882 2600 to the latest Broly/Crispin Build DD-WRT v4.14-r40452M CRISPIN (07/28/19) - Anyone else having problems with it? Also, I cannot edit the 2.4Ghz advanced settings, I've had this problem since 3-27-2019-r39296
jalfraag
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Dec 2017
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:17    Post subject: Re: Latest Broly/Crispin update unstable/constant disconnect Reply with quote
NotAutistic wrote:
Hello,

I recently updated my Dlink DIR-882 2600 to the latest Broly/Crispin Build DD-WRT v4.14-r40452M CRISPIN (07/28/19) - Anyone else having problems with it? Also, I cannot edit the 2.4Ghz advanced settings, I've had this problem since 3-27-2019-r39296


Broly's 40555 build is still the same; 2.4Ghz advanced settings all messed up along with httpd crashing every time changes are applied.
Only the older kernel versions are usable for this router.
Bvalter1964
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 06 Aug 2019
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good morning
I am totally new on DDWRT, please which is the best working firmware from Broly?
Reading all the post, rev v4 seem still not working well, but I cannot find the last Brolin V3
Thanks for help
jefbuan
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 18 May 2011
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:58    Post subject: 44 E3372 Reply with quote
Broly v40611 4G E3372 working as stick mode(non Hi-link Firmware).Sorry Bro for bugging you again..

Quote:
insmod /lib/modules/4.14.138/usbnet.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.14.138/usb_wwan.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.14.138/cdc_ncm.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.14.138/cdc-wdm.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.14.138/huawei_cdc_ncm.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.14.138/option.ko
sleep 1
echo 'AT^NDISDUP=1,1,"YOURAPN"' > /dev/ttyUSB0
ifconfig wwan0 up
udhcpc -i wwan0
markus7010
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 28 Mar 2018
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 14:24    Post subject: Re: Latest Broly/Crispin update unstable/constant disconnect Reply with quote
jalfraag wrote:
NotAutistic wrote:
Hello,

I recently updated my Dlink DIR-882 2600 to the latest Broly/Crispin Build DD-WRT v4.14-r40452M CRISPIN (07/28/19) - Anyone else having problems with it? Also, I cannot edit the 2.4Ghz advanced settings, I've had this problem since 3-27-2019-r39296


Broly's 40555 build is still the same; 2.4Ghz advanced settings all messed up along with httpd crashing every time changes are applied.
Only the older kernel versions are usable for this router.



Same to me. httpd, telnet and ssh are crashing nearly after every apply with Broly's build. So the router become inaccessible. The only way to keep it alive is to leave open one session of telnet or ssh and restart httpd every time it crashes Rolling Eyes
MrTumnusB
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 25 Sep 2019
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 22:05    Post subject: Re: Netgear R7450 Reply with quote
Is it just me or is the current brody/crispin

v4.14-r41042M CRISPIN

Buggy?

I am considering downgrading to a old v3 which ran like butter but just want to make sure its not something i've done.

_________________
Dlink DIR-882 A1
Running: v4.14-r41042M CRISPIN
broly
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 33
Location: edmonton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 22:43    Post subject: Re: Latest Broly/Crispin update unstable/constant disconnect Reply with quote
markus7010 wrote:
jalfraag wrote:
NotAutistic wrote:
Hello,

I recently updated my Dlink DIR-882 2600 to the latest Broly/Crispin Build DD-WRT v4.14-r40452M CRISPIN (07/28/19) - Anyone else having problems with it? Also, I cannot edit the 2.4Ghz advanced settings, I've had this problem since 3-27-2019-r39296


Broly's 40555 build is still the same; 2.4Ghz advanced settings all messed up along with httpd crashing every time changes are applied.
Only the older kernel versions are usable for this router.


Same to me. httpd, telnet and ssh are crashing nearly after every apply with Broly's build. So the router become inaccessible. The only way to keep it alive is to leave open one session of telnet or ssh and restart httpd every time it crashes Rolling Eyes


you guys do realise i don't read the forums much right? if you want things fixed, you should be sending me private messages. i didn't even know the wl0 advanced settings weren't saving. i'm looking into it.

and with respect to httpd crashing everytime: please, don't blame me. i can show you a live video of my build working just fine.

when you guys fuck with nvram settings quite a bit, then yes it may crash. but that has nothing to do with my build. granted, i run a pretty basic setup, i've had people thanking me for a fully functional wireguard+QoS build and no httpd crashing.

more often than not, issues you experience with httpd are attributable to your nvram settings. anyways i'll look into why the advanced settings for wl0 aren't saving. that is indeed weird.

edit: i found the problem. see how easy things can be FIXED if you ASK instead of WHINE? the issue is in httpd/validate/webs.c:#L1311. BS has advanced settings for wl0 save to wl. i'll set this back to wl0 for now but i'm not sure if this will screw anything up. i hope not.

dear whiners. i have fixed the saving issue on the advanced panel. however i'm not too thrilled BS' macro for has_acktiming crashes httpd when displaying basic settings (even when i correct the ifdef to defined(RT2880) || defined(RT61)

remember, my dear whiners. if you want fixes and improvements, the best way to do that is MESSAGE ME INSTEAD OF CRYING HERE. ask others! i try my best to accommodate any FUNCTIONAL issue. so make a REPRODUCIBLE scenario, send me a message, and i'll be happy to help.

41164++ will have wl0's advanced settings able to save. sorry about that.

_________________
"But of this I can assure you that there is not a movement of any body of Men however small whether on Horse-back or on foot, nor an operation or March of any description nor any Service in the field that is not formed upon some mathematical principle, and in the performance of which the knowledge and practical application of the mathematicks will be found not only useful but necessary. The application of the Mathematicks to Gunnery, Fortification, Tactics, the survey and knowledge of formal Castrametation [setting up camp] etc. cannot be acquired without study"
"Only by adopting an infinitely small unit for observation, the differential in history otherwise known as human homogeneity, and perfecting the art of integration (the adding up of infinitesimals) can we have any hope of determining the laws of history"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum