New Build 06-11-2019-r40009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kailen wrote:
After upgrading i get a user.err with the dnscrypt resolver and have lost internet connectivity.

-user.err : No resolver named [adguard-dns-ns2] found in the [/etc/dnscrypt/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv] list, unable to read file either and does not have an a config file.

-Unable to save specific options such as disabling dnsmasq and Recursive DNS Resolving (Unbound)

I'm not on this new release yet, but some general points: the last several releases have not had the "Encrypt DNS" button, so if you want DNSCrypt, you'll need an approach using Startup Commands like I described in a post (last one in signature below) in the new-build thread for 39144. (Others before me have discussed it also, in the context of using multiple DNSCrypt instances.)

In DNSMasq settings I enable DNSMasq of course, but the other buttons are optional, except I suspect (not sure) for "Recursive DNS Resolving (Unbound)". That option is used in the DNS-over-TLS approach (more involved than DNSCrypt to set up) discussed in https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1166512. Not sure whether it has other uses also. It may need to stay off to set up DNSCrypt.

Re adguard, the resolver list in my dd-wrt (39144) only includes four options, not including the one you mention:

adguard-dns-family
adguard-dns
adguard-dns-family-ipv6
adguard-dns-ipv6

I use the second one with no problem. Parameters from a newer resolver list you find online can be put on the dnscrypt-proxy command line in Startup Commands. (See my post that I mention above.)

Re file readability... ls -l /etc/dnscrypt/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv shows it not readable? If so, try copying it into /tmp in Startup Commands, marking it readable there, and referencing the copy from the dnscrypt-proxy line you'll use in Startup Commands. (Again see my post that I mention above.)

Good luck.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Sponsor
moisesmcardona
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
This build fixed my WRT32x 2.4Ghz issues. My Nintendo 3DS now connects flawlessly and WPA2-AES is working too. I previously had to use WPA-AES as enabling WPA2 would crash the interface.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey,

Just to inform you that I flashed my wrt3200acm (v2 I think) with the factory-to-ddwrt and for now, it's working fine (less than 1h ..).

My main issue was the scandalous Linksys stock firmware which constantly drop packets getting out through the WAN interface. I can't believe they are not fixing it, fortunately, I planned well before to switch to DD-WRT : it just pushed me to do it.

Thx for your work Smile

EDIT : flashed from Win10 and Chrome
Zyxx
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Linksys WRT1900ACS v2
File: ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900acsv2-webflash.bin
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r40009 std (06/11/19)
Kernel: Linux 4.9.181-rc1 #1075 SMP Tue Jun 11 13:41:10 CEST 2019 armv7l
Mode: Router, connected via WAN to N66U
Reset: yes
did not test if wifi settings still behave "strange": https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=319905
I'm fine with flawless doing with mixed 20MHz and ac only 80MHz :D
loop_x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having packet drop at WAN output but it was the same as with Linksys stock firmware. I think I have a defect router, I will open a new topic.
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally tried it on my WRT1900ACSv2 travel router (2.4 GHz client-mode WAN). I flashed from 39144 to put 40009 in partition 2 using the CLI-commands procedure of the first post of https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320387. Features used: 2.4 GHz Mixed HT40, 5 GHz AC/N-Mixed VHT80; two DNSCrypt servers (incl Quad9) set up in Startup Commands (see link in my signature below), since the Encrypt DNS button is gone now; multiple VAPs; USB/NAS; OpenVPN client/PBR to random NordVPN server with SFE disabled.

The only surprise was that in GUI>Setup>BasicSetup, the buttons for Use DNSMasq for DNS, DHCP-Authoritative, and Forced DNS Redirection had all become unselected during the flash and had to be enabled again.

This is the first time I have seen the button for Inbound Firewall on TUN in the OpenVPN Client's config page. I checked, and the firewall commands it adds are exactly those of eibgrad's workaround of https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=307445, minus the tun0 artifice he needed because it was, indeed, a workaround.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: