WRT3200ACM No 2.4Ghz band on R40009 (6/11/19)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Clock_Work
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 18:58    Post subject: WRT3200ACM No 2.4Ghz band on R40009 (6/11/19) Reply with quote
I saw that the odometer was flipped on the build numbers so I figured I should upgrade to 4.0. Exciting stuff. But now my 2.4Ghz band isn't working. Light isn't on, SSID doesnt't show up on any device. 5ghz works flawlessly, LAN as well.

These are my settings for 2.4:

Wireless Mode: AP
Wireless Network mode: NG-Mixed
Channel Width: 11-2462 MHz
TurboQAM (QAM256) support: Disable
Wireless SSID Broadcast: Enable

Also on the security side, I'm running WPA2 Personal with AES encryption. All other settings are at default.

I would appreciate any helpful insight anyone would have in this matter. Thanks for all you guys do.
Sponsor
Clock_Work
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: I tried to roll back to R39654 (04/25/19), the build I was on previously, and the 2.4 GHz band still isn't working. Could this be a hardware failure during the upgrade?

Update2: I backed up my settings like the wise person I am before the upgrade. I tried resetting to default and that still didn't fix it on R39654. However, after restoring the settings from the backup file, it worked like a charm. Both bands are up but I'm still on the old version.

Do you guys recommend I still try to upgrade or is there not much of a difference between the build I'm on and 4000?
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Clock_Work wrote:
Update: I tried to roll back to R39654 (04/25/19), the build I was on previously, and the 2.4 GHz band still isn't working. Could this be a hardware failure during the upgrade?

Update2: I backed up my settings like the wise person I am before the upgrade. I tried resetting to default and that still didn't fix it on R39654. However, after restoring the settings from the backup file, it worked like a charm. Both bands are up but I'm still on the old version.

Do you guys recommend I still try to upgrade or is there not much of a difference between the build I'm on and 4000?

Clock_Work,

I'm running a 3200 V1. I've found in my case, wireless is problematic if you are doing ANYTHING other then straight G, or N. My setup is G on 2GHz, and N on 5GHz. Its the ONLY wireless setup I have found to be dependable, and not intermittently dropping connections. When I try AC, or mixed, my connections will time out and drop, causing me to reboot my client if I want to reconnect. I've just considered it the nature of the beast since there is no longer work being done with the wireless drivers. I also consider that it may be the large presents of wifi in my area, and G and N are basic.

In any case, my router is primarily for VPN work, and wifi is actually secondary to me. My cell phones don't care if I have a frisky wifi or not, and all my pc clients and TV's are wired.

The current version r40009 works just fine as long as you arn't pushing the mix and match options. I know its not a desirable setup, but just give it a try to give yourself a basic understanding of what may be going on. Try just G and N, and see if your router acts different. I saw a lot of odd issues vanish when I kept things basic.
Clock_Work
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm. Its been working great for me on this version (r39654). Wifi never goes out. Before I tried to upgrade I was at 17 days uptime and the wifi never went down. But thanks, I'll keep it in mind if I try to upgrade again. I might just stick with this version since it's running well. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: