WRT1900AC v2 Factory to DD-WRT images not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
d0ug
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 19:30    Post subject: WRT1900AC v2 Factory to DD-WRT images not working Reply with quote
Yesterday I setup a friends WRT1900AC v2 router that was purchased off ebay as a wifi repeater.

During the setup, I was overwriting the stock Linksys firmware that the unit shipped with to DD-WRT.

Using the most current 6/6/19 build and a few other randomly chosen builds from earlier in the year I was unable to get DD-WRT installed. From the linksys gui I was able to select the factory to ddwrt image and upload the firmware, but once it went through the motions of doing the update and rebooting it would just return to the stock linksys firmware every time.

I ended up going back to the very 1st build of 2017 to get a factory to dd-wrt update to actually work, then from there updated the router to the current 6/6/19 build.

Is this a known issue with the factory to dd-wrt updating process? I personally have not done a factory to dd-wrt update in some time, as I just leave DD-WRT in both partitions and use the normal firmware to do updates to all my routers.
Sponsor
ddkt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Known issue with the stock FW not being able to flash firmware files > 32 MB.
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ran into this same thing on my wrt1900acs v.1 The linksys firmware can't handle anything over 32mb so go back through the betas, find one that's smaller than that and install then you can upgrade it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: