Dead WAN on WRT1900AC v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
DaveVF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:38    Post subject: Dead WAN on WRT1900AC v1 Reply with quote
Hi, I'm quite new to dd-wrt and having trouble with my 1900AC v1 after a thunder storm.
WAN port (Internet) seem to be broken (i've tried different cables and it's still not working) but all other (4 Ethernets, 2.4G, 5G wifi) still OK.

So can I assign 1 of Ethernet port to work like WAN?

I've been search on many post but all lead to very confuse solution.
Sponsor
HapHazardly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problem and have been able to get my wrt1900ac to use one of the LAN ports to replace the dead WAN port. However I have not been able to find a configuration which allows using the remaining LAN ports as normal. So right now I have a router which can only be used via wifi. In order to get to my current state all it took was changing eth1 to eth0 here:
Setup -> Networking -> Port Setup -> WAN Port Assignment

I have tried various versions of the following cli commands:

swconfig dev switch0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 1 set ports "5t 0 1 2"
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 2 set ports "6t 3"
swconfig dev switch0 set apply

ifconfig eth0 up
ifconfig eth1 up
vconfig set_name_type VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD
vconfig add eth0 2
vconfig add eth1 1

But the best I can get with those attempts is I can see the WAN connection is established in the status page but nothing has internet access. It seems these commands I have found on numerous other posts are just part of the overall picture and I have not been able to find the piece which allows the ports on vlan1 to get to the internet. My suspicion is it's actually vlan2 (the one which has WAN connection) that is walled off from everything else because both the other ports on vlan1 and wifi do not get internet.
Most of the vlan posts I can find seem to be interested in splitting up ports so several isolated networks can be created (like a Guest network) but there does not seem to be a clear step-by-step for just using the vlan functionality to allow a single LAN port to replace a dead WAN port while allowing the remaining LAN ports and wifi to gain access to the internet via WAN. Maybe Per Yngve Berg can help since her seems to have the best understanding of how all these pieces fit together. In the mean time, maybe you can get by like I am with just wifi access.
HapHazardly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad, the post you referenced is for broadcom based routers which use the nvram stuff. For Marvell cpus we have to use swconfig. The script I posted does (supposedly) what your linked post suggests but with the swconfig commands.
Ah-Pin-Kor
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the marvell vlan thread:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317199&sid=457ce18a9fc74c3e25aa1b1e1b47e674

Netgear R7800 kongpro 19.07 20190919 || Netgear R7000 36070M kongac (Client Bridge=5GHz, AP=2.4GHz with bridged VAP)
Linksys WRT32X davidc502 OpenWrt || Linksys WRT1200ACv1 Gargoyle 1.11.x
Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 dd-wrt 39956
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: