Please,what are the best stable builds 4 the WRT1900ACS V1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
macandro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 19:10    Post subject: Please,what are the best stable builds 4 the WRT1900ACS V1? Reply with quote
Hi guys, first I want to congratulate you the creator(s) of this forum, it's an amazing sharing group and I wanna say thank you to all that do contribute for keeping this forum alive.

I have the Linksys router WRT1900ACS V1 that I want to use with VPN, I was hoping to find some good samaritan that can point me in the direction of the best stable builds for this router(WRT1900ACS V1). Any suggestion and advice are welcome since I am new to this practice but I can follow instructions.
Thank you already to all taking the time to read and reacting to my post.
Sponsor
ddkt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
You'll probably have to go back a year or so. DD-WRT is badly broken on the WRT1900ACS v1.
macandro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 22:17    Post subject: Please,what are the best stable builds 4 the WRT1900ACS V1? Reply with quote
ddkt wrote:
You'll probably have to go back a year or so. DD-WRT is badly broken on the WRT1900ACS v1.

Thank you.
You mean go back to 2017 and 2018 builds.don't you have any build version 2017,2018 for reference.
mgraben
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
As far as stability, I’ve been running the build in this thread for over 200 days on my WRT1900ACS without a reboot.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315104&highlight=35927
macandro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a lot @mgraben.Your help here is highly valued.I will give it a try sir.thanks again for time and using it to share the information with me.
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was running openwrt for over a year on my acs v.1 and it was very solid. I had tried dd-wrt before installing that and couldn't get the 5ghz radio to work.

I decided to try dd-wrt again recently because I wanted to set up openvpn on the router and use policy based routing. dd-wrt is way easier to set up for things like this.

Anyway, I installed the May/2019 build DD-WRT v3.0-r39884 and everything works fine. I did have to install from the command line though. For some reason openwrt wouldn't take a flash even back to stock. I'm getting full wired internet speed without SFE (400/20 cable) and wireless works fine after I reset the time/date. Openvpn was easy to set up and policy based routing works.

In comparing it to the latest openwrt version 18.02, the only negative is QoS works a bit better for me in lowering latency (bufferbloat) in openwrt

One caveat. If you install from the stock linksys firmware you have to go back into the beta list and find a build that's less than 32mb. The stock firmware has a 32mb limit and won't upgrade even though it says it is. After installing an older build you can then webflash to a newer one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: