Incorrect password WIFI wrt3200acm and wrt32x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Lajkasir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:27    Post subject: Incorrect password WIFI wrt3200acm and wrt32x Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I tried the latest dd-wrt firmware yesterday and I’m having issues. I tried even downgrading and it didn’t solve the problem.

IThe problem is wifi. When I set WPA2 personal and type my wifi password and I cant connect. It says wrong wifi password and It keeps telling me wrong password everytime I type the correct password. Why? Anyone have solved this? same problem on both wrt3200 and wrt32x.
Sponsor
D3m0n1q_733rz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
What version of encryption are you using? AES or SHA? If you're using SHA, you should disable it and use AES instead. See if that fixes your problem.
dxk3355
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the same issue on 40559.
I've tried using different combinations of WPA2 Personal and WPA2 Personal with SHA256 with TKIP and CCMP-128 (AES).

Using WPA2 Personal with SHA256 or with TKIP on the ath0 interface seems to introduce some instability so I turned that off. TKIP does work with the ath1 interface.

The system seems to stabilize with WPA2 and CCMP-128 (AES) but when I try connect with my iPhone it always rejects the password. My ath1 interface works with CCMP-128 and WPA2 Personal though.
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
There was one release where I experienced the same issue but only with two Fire tablets regardless of re-entering the passwords. All other wireless devices connected as usual.

Resolved the issue by having the tablets "Forget" the existing network in their setup and then reconnecting to it and entering the password with successful connection afterward. Both devices have connected ever since. Only had to do the "forget" on the tablets so I assume the problem was specific to the Fire10 tablets or similar devices.

I can't remember what release that was but I assume the change is in all releases since I first encountered the problem. Might be worth a try??
dxk3355
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I did the forget network option a few times since I figure that would cause issues. Didn't solve the problem, but I tried it again from my work iPhone just now and get the incorrect password response from that as well.
cb831
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Old thread - I know

I been fighting this issue where clients claims "wrong WPA2 secret" even if it is correct on and off for years.

To me it seems to only happen when joining a VAP - AP's always work. When it hits all VAP's are affected (I have 5).

I normally serve my home with 3 identical configured ASUS RT-AC68U and this weekend I found that the issue happens if two AP's have slightly overlapping channels in the 2.4G spectrum. If I carefully place the AP with with 20MHz-width on channel 1 - 7 - 13, stuff works.

Is seems that when the client try to join, all potential AP's answer and that probably screws the authentication handshake (just guessing - I'm only WLAN novice).

I have a lot of SHELLY devices and monitoring wireless statuses on all AP's, I could se them all appear with signal/noise of 0 for a few seconds altenating the AP's and after some time (1-2min) they kind of settle and gets signal/noise and other values set.

If AP's are overlapping the alternating never stops (tried several hours) and the strange thing is that even if this is isolated on one VAP/VLAN the join fails on all VAP's. As soon as the clients settle other VAP can join again.

Is there some flaw in the joining protocol that provokes this ?

Thanks
Claus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: